Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Quiet Boat Ride
tnmist posted:
I am in need of a quiet boat trip in a large sailboat with gentle breezes and a place to swim or snorkel, perhaps. I'm taking my inner child, and she wishes to invite any other little ones to join her, too.

The water is a beautiful green because it isn't too deep, and it's rather clear, too, so we can see beautiful tropical fish swim past the boat. I bet we will attract a couple of dolphins to play in the wake of the boat, and they are fun to watch. We can drop anchor in a nice cove, relax on deck or on shore, breathe in some refreshing salty sea air, and build sand castles in the sand. I'm bringing some Winnie the Pooh books to read to the children perhaps, some sketch pads and crayons and colored pencils. I have bottled water and finger sandwiches.

I hope someone will join me, add to the menu, help decorate the boat or whatever else you would like to bring. This won't be a boisterous party but just something for quiet reflection and camaraderie to get out and enjoy a little nature. I would love for you to join me if you can.
Every day begins with an act of courage and hope: Getting out of bed. - Mason Cooley

Misty

az330 responded:
I will join you. Not sure how safe it is here so a nice boat ride to get away is nice. I will bring some coloring books and paint.
I think we will need something sweet so I will bring a cake with lots of frosting and sprinkles.

mandybutterflykiss responded:
Thank you Misty.

I will join you. I would like to bring inflatable water toys or those bathtub ducks to play with and those little sand buckets with shovels.

What child could forget their favorite candies of days gone by? It is these I wish to bring for treats.

I also would like soft, light, fluffy blankies so we can nap.

Gra'
Bonnie.

(my voice isn't working, the pneu is getting the best of me so I think this salty air will help clear my lungs!)

tnmist replied to mandybutterflykiss's response:
AZ - ahhh, frosting with sprinkles. That brings up pleasant memories. Thanks.

Bonnie - Ooooh, sand buckets. That will be great for building sand castles...Favorite candies....yum, thanks.

Stretching out on deck on a light blanket while the boat gently rocks feels very nice...

I think I may have to stay out here for a bit more time...
Every day begins with an act of courage and hope: Getting out of bed. - Mason Cooley

Misty

marysings replied to tnmist's response:
Is it all right if I join you?

Little Mary and I need some much-needed rest. I'll bring my pink blanket and soft pillows. We will just be sleeping most of the time. I'm sure Little Mary would enjoy a small slice of cake but I won't need anything.

Mary
I'm strong willed and I tell it like it is. I make mistakes, I'm sometimes out of control, but I love and give with all my heart.

tnmist replied to marysings's response:
Of course, Mary. Everyone is welcome on the boat outing. Find yourself a nice quiet spot to just be. That's sort of where I'm at...I mostly want to be quiet and just be. Little Mary, too.

I know we are all in different places in our minds right now - some okay, some not okay - but hopefully keeping safe...Sometimes when we don't hear from folks it's because they have too much going on with their families and lives. You know I'm just now realizing that having a T, having a couple of flesh-and-blood friends who have gone down a similar path before me, and having these boards all work together to help because one can't always reach or talk to their T when they want, and flesh-and-blood friends have their own crises sometimes, and the board here can get awfully quiet sometimes...Hopefully one of those 3 things can always be helpful, but there are 2 other sources of help I'm forgetting. That's learning to listen to my inner child and self-nurture and the other, for me, at least, is to keep working on my relationship with God.

This may sound silly, but I've accumulated quite the stack of coloring books and crayons over the last 1-1/2 years. That seems to help me the most, for some reason. Only, I wish I could buy a box of JUST red or black or blue or purple crayons. Those get used the most.

Wow, don't know where all THAT came from, but thank you for listening.

Misty

gettoknowme replied to tnmist's response:
I wanna come.haven't been on a boat in ages and it's so relaxing.

For me it calms my mind being on the water and that's what i love about it.

I'll just have a seat in the corner in my lawn chair and read a book.

I'll bring some drinks,tea for me and whatever the rest would like to have.So let me know and i got you!

tnmist replied to gettoknowme's response:
Plenty of room...sit and relax. Thank you for the tea!

Misty

gettoknowme replied to tnmist's response:
TN,

You are very welcome

BOAT TRIP BOAT TRIP BOAT TRIP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lovely_lemon_tree replied to gettoknowme's response:
Also deeply frightened by what has transpired recently here.

http://home.comcast.net/~ktmalone/sailboat.jpg
We must be the change we wish to see in the world. -- Mahatma Ghandi

tnmist replied to lovely_lemon_tree's response:
(((LLT))) I may just need to take an extended boat trip, ha. I still have hope that we will have a good, supportive board again. Be safe. I know harsh words can trigger a lot of us.

Misty

Spotlight: Member Stories

I was sexually abused by my older brother and my older cousin from age 8-18. I repressed these memories for many years. When I was in my mid 30's ...More

Helpful Tips

my story - in part anyway
I had always been asked if I had been molested and always answered no. Then, after a hysterectomy at 36, I was once again asked, only this ... More
Was this Helpful?
9 of 12 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.