Skip to content
I have cried today
marysings posted:
I don't know why the tears are coming. I suspect that my psych meds have stopped working. It's hard to even think clearly.

I seem to call DrB too often. It makes my husband angry that I call for help. He says he can't imagine why something that happened in 1959 is still an issue for me. sigh

I don't come here for sympathy. I don't even need an answer. I just needed to get this in black and white, hoping that I could understand what is wrong.

Mary
I'm strong willed and I tell it like it is. I make mistakes, I'm sometimes out of control, but I love and give with all my heart.

tnmist responded:
(((Mary)))
I understand meds not working.
I understand crying buckets worth of tears.
I understand being hurt by those you would like to trust. So many people just have no clue...
Every day begins with an act of courage and hope: Getting out of bed. - Mason Cooley

Misty

hosanna_007 responded:
Mary,
I've been exactly where you are...
I think alot of us have.
Just wanted to share this encouraging post with you.
http://www.wrecked.org/not-ok/damsel-in-distress/
Its really hard for outsiders to understand what its like... they never really will. Just know you arent alone and theres nothing wrong with you!

Not sure if you like readying but Hush and Breathe by Nicole Bromley are AMAZING. Hush is a little hard to get through at first, but well worth it and Breathe is one of the best books I have ever read. She is a dear friend of mine and an insanely bright beacon of hope.

tnmist replied to hosanna_007's response:
Welcome, Hosanna...I guess you can tell there has been a lot of unnecessary heat on the board lately. It isn't usually this way. We are usually very supportive of each other. It sounds like you have done a lot of healing along the way. Best wishes on your new-found purpose, too.
Every day begins with an act of courage and hope: Getting out of bed. - Mason Cooley

Misty

marysings replied to hosanna_007's response:
Thank you Hosanna. I read the 'wrecked' post and related instantly except I never became super woman. I buried it all for 40 years and it's come back moment by moment. He always told me he loved me. He called me his princess. It began at 13months and lasted until age 9. My mother sometimes participated.

I feel sick as the memories dart around my brain. More came back over the past week.

sorrow
Mary
I'm strong willed and I tell it like it is. I make mistakes, I'm sometimes out of control, but I love and give with all my heart.

tnmist replied to marysings's response:
(((((Gentle hugs))))) ***Wraps the pink blanket of comfort around you.***

Misty

marysings replied to tnmist's response:
Thanks Misty. I slept with the pink blanket this afternoon. It is so thread-bare you can see through it. It's about the only thing I have from my childhood.

I hope tomorrow is a good day for everyone.

Mary

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am a senior citizen who has carried a family secret for over 60 years. I have a genetic disorder diverticulosis.Treatment began in 2003. The bowel p...More

Helpful Tips

Are you having posting problems?
With all the posting/not posting problems, try these: 1. Copy your post/response BEFORE clicking on "post" 2. If the "can't post now" ... More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 7 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.