Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Gratitude list 8/6/13
tnmist posted:
I've seen on other boards gratitude lists, and I think that is a fabulous idea. I hope no one minds if I start one here, too.

My gratitude list today will consist of:
An overcast sky to match my mood,
Air conditioning in the summertime,
And a working lawn mower - it's old but it works.

Next?
Every day begins with an act of courage and hope: Getting out of bed. - Mason Cooley

Misty

tnmist responded:
Bump
Every day begins with an act of courage and hope: Getting out of bed. - Mason Cooley

Misty

mandybutterflykiss replied to tnmist's response:
This may be triggering.................................................................

My gratitude today:

Knowing that death is the one sure thing in life.

Next...

tnmist replied to mandybutterflykiss's response:
((((((((((Mandy))))))))))

Misty

lovely_lemon_tree replied to tnmist's response:
Today I am grateful for...

My talent for writing poetry
Soft jazz
Kitty litter
Naps
We must be the change we wish to see in the world. -- Mahatma Ghandi

tnmist replied to lovely_lemon_tree's response:
Hooray for kitty litter and naps - LOL! Good ones.
I wish I had poetry writing skills! I want so much to get some stuff OUT, you know? But I just can't find a creative outlet that works much except for some drawings, and I'm a pitiful artist, too.

Misty

marysings responded:

We added an extra day to our trip and enjoyed it very much. Door County, Wisconsin, is a wonderful place! It was nice to be with our extended family and our son, dil, and grandson. We stayed in a cabin - two generations - sleeping nearly side by side. I learned that next vacation I MUST take my cpap machine. My dil bought earplugs. I felt bad, realized that she solved the problem, and put it out of my mind. I couldn't change anything and IT WAS OK. I was amazed that I accepted my situation so easily. DrB will be pleased.

I feel good. Three days of walking all day sure changed my outlook on getting out of the house every day. A nice long walk everyday could be my ticket to feeling better physically and emotionally. Speaking of that, I'm getting dressed and out the door before our 90degree day begins.

Mary
I'm strong willed and I tell it like it is. I make mistakes, I'm sometimes out of control, but I love and give with all my heart.

marysings responded:

We added an extra day to our trip and enjoyed it very much. Door County, Wisconsin, is a wonderful place! It was nice to be with our extended family and our son, dil, and grandson. We stayed in a cabin - two generations - sleeping nearly side by side. I learned that next vacation I MUST take my cpap machine. My dil bought earplugs. I felt bad, realized that she solved the problem, and put it out of my mind. I couldn't change anything and IT WAS OK. I was amazed that I accepted my situation so easily. DrB will be pleased.

I feel good. Three days of walking all day sure changed my outlook on getting out of the house every day. A nice long walk everyday could be my ticket to feeling better physically and emotionally. Speaking of that, I'm getting dressed and out the door before our 90degree day begins.

Mary
I'm strong willed and I tell it like it is. I make mistakes, I'm sometimes out of control, but I love and give with all my heart.

tnmist replied to marysings's response:
Welcome back, Mary, and I'm glad the walking helped kick in some endorphins for you. When I mow my yards, it exhausts me but I always feel a little better in spirit afterwards...It's a vicious cycle, being so depressed I don't exercise, yet knowing if I WOULD exercise it would help lift my mood!

Misty

marysings replied to tnmist's response:
Yep, Misty, it sure is a vicious fight. I brought home the bug which my grandson gave to me. Slept a lot today but feeling a bit better this evening.

yep,

Life is hard but God is good.

Mary

marysings replied to marysings's response:
Revised information: my grandson did not have a 'bug'. His appendix ruptured. He had surgery this afternoon and will be in the hospital for a week.

My bug came from somewhere but not him.

Feeling pretty good today!

Mary

dem51 replied to marysings's response:
g;ad he will be ok

Helpful Tips

An Answer to Why does my chest alway hurt?
I am a survivor of sexual abuse plus others. When I was 8 I started to experience overall chest pain. At 9 I went throught a medical review ... More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 11 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.