Skip to content
What is wrong with me
meganleighann808 posted:
I don't recognize myself anymore. I feel numb and hard hearted and my sexual behavior has changed so much. Why can't I just go back or be normal? Why am I the way that I am now? I always feel so ashamed.
slik_kitty responded:
are you in therapy? therapy is needed to help you get past these feelings that you have. it's hard to change what has been ingrained in us because of our pasts. we can't do this on our own. so if you aren't in therapy, i would suggest you get in it.
marysings responded:
Our pasts are nightmares to the outside world. We can't talk about our fears or explain our actions without being labeled; however, there is hope!

I would also advise you to find a therapist. Be sure to ask if they have the education or background for sexual abuse treatment.

You can come to this board with questions, updates, or anything else. There will always be someone around to listen.

I'm strong willed and I tell it like it is. I make mistakes, I'm sometimes out of control, but I love and give with all my heart.

Spotlight: Member Stories

From the time I was 5 til I moved away at 12 I was sexually abused by my friends older brother. I have never told anyone about it except my best frien...More

Helpful Tips

my story - in part anyway
I had always been asked if I had been molested and always answered no. Then, after a hysterectomy at 36, I was once again asked, only this ... More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 13 found this helpful

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.