Skip to content
Anniversary date
tnmist posted:
Major anniversary date soon. At least I see my T tomorrow, which should help. Sigh.
Every day begins with an act of courage and hope: Getting out of bed. - Mason Cooley

Misty

slik_kitty responded:
be kind to yourself. do fun things, things to keep you from thinking about what is coming up. you will make it through. hugs

tnmist replied to slik_kitty's response:
Thank you, SK. It's the anniversary of my sister's death. It's been a long time. I'll be okay. Just harder to cope around this time of year.
Every day begins with an act of courage and hope: Getting out of bed. - Mason Cooley

Misty

lovely_lemon_tree replied to tnmist's response:
Misty,

Even though this is late, I wanted to let you know that you're thought about frequently and I miss you. I haven't been around lately because things in my life have taken on a busy, chaotic turn. But I hope you got though this difficult time.

Love,

LLT
We must be the change we wish to see in the world. -- Mahatma Ghandi

tnmist replied to lovely_lemon_tree's response:
Thank u, LLT. If u ever want to elaborate, I still check the board.

I'm just very sad that no one is around much anymore. I love this board, but it's hard to believe it will turn around and thrive again. I know there are some who r simply too afraid to post again or invest in this board anymore because of the last hullaballoo. That just makes me sadder.

I won't ignore a direct post to me, though.

And I especially miss hearing from those further along this healing journey who may not need the board anymore but were kind enough to KEEP LIGHTING THE WAY for the rest of us.

Sorry, don't mean keep going on and on about it.

I'm doing okay as far as that anniversary went. I discovered that a cousin I keep in touch with has memories of my sister. I can't wait to ask her more questions.

As for the rest of my life, I'm currently dealing with a broken wing, and doing everything one handed is draining.

Good talking with u, LLT!

Misty

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am a 25 yr old male who is a csa survivor. My abuse wasn't violent like many others here, but it has letf it's mark on me nonetheless. After...More

Helpful Tips

my story - in part anyway
I had always been asked if I had been molested and always answered no. Then, after a hysterectomy at 36, I was once again asked, only this ... More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 13 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.