Skip to content
To Mary
tnmist posted:
Hello, Mary. How are you doing these days? I am wondering if you (or anyone here) knows if WebMD will allow a group to start with members joining by invitation only? or if there is another website that will allow that? I miss many of you and would like to find some form of safe communication where we can continue supporting one another.

I will research this option and follow up on this thread.

Godspeed to everyone and "peace be the journey."
Every day begins with an act of courage and hope: Getting out of bed. - Mason Cooley

Misty
FirstPrevious12NextLast

tnmist responded:
I have created a private community on WebMD. it was easier than I thought. invite is per email, so I'm still working on that. I may set up a dummy email account for this purpose. "Stay tuned" for more info! Oh, and I am not the only one deciding on members. I have a couple of trusted members from here helping figure this out.

My goal is not to hurt anyone's feelings here; however I do feel there are several women who will appreciate still having a place to go for encouragement and to offer encouragement to others without drama.
Every day begins with an act of courage and hope: Getting out of bed. - Mason Cooley

Misty

marysings replied to tnmist's response:
I assume you are planning to invite me to the private site. I would really welcome that. Good job, Misty, for thinking about that. And WebMD will not let you post your regular email address. My (disposable) WebMD email is:

ymm1954-wmd@yahoo.com

I've been unable to log in for the past week. Don't know if was my computer or not but I was certainly surprised when I was able to log in this morning!

Hope to hear from you soon.

Mary
I'm strong willed and I tell it like it is. I make mistakes, I'm sometimes out of control, but I love and give with all my heart.

tnmist replied to marysings's response:
Hi! Yes, I am waiting to hear from WebMD. I inquired about inviting people via their screen names, but haven't heard back yet. I kinda doubt I can, but that sure would be easier!

Misty

The problem would be that if you give personal invites and leave someone out, their feelings would be really hurt. Better to have others post a disposable email address - something really generic.

Mary
I'm strong willed and I tell it like it is. I make mistakes, I'm sometimes out of control, but I love and give with all my heart.

slik_kitty replied to tnmist's response:
here's my addy kittypuff5000@yahoo.com

An_253886 replied to slik_kitty's response:
wow

I got an email but the link doesn't work. It gives me a "404 error". I love being outsmarted by plastic and wire. LOL

az330 replied to marysings's response:
I had to use the emaul that i signed.up with....couldnt use a throwaway addy. I got the same error messege too....gotta use the one you use here...

tnmist replied to az330's response:
Good point, Mary and good to know SK! Okay, for those interested in an alternative closed forum, please post a disposable email address I can send an invite to. It seems I have to use MY original/business email address to send the invite, but I am ok with that.

I will say again, tho, that any requests are getting a second and third opinion before I officially invite, mostly because I haven't been a part of this community as long as some others.

Thanks for your patience with all this. I am trying to check the board more often, but I have this broken wrist/arm, which is slowing me down a lot. It is a lot of work typing 1-handed right now.

Misty

The link still doesn't work. Any suggestions?

An_253886 replied to marysings's response:
hope that this website is proud of them self. look at what their lies and greed have got all of us, i really dont give a dam about this group, but go ahead and tell yourself it is about safety, but you know that you will be taking apart the people that put you there

tnmist replied to marysings's response:
Hmm. One other person had a bit of trouble too. Please don't give up. Sorry for the glitches. I will post a new thread a my disposable email address to send a request to. maybe that will help?

Misty

An_253886 replied to tnmist's response:
WOW You ALL deserve Each other, i am not fake likr all of you GO ahead go play in your treehouse

mandybutterflykiss replied to slik_kitty's response:
Here is mine.

MandyButterflyKiss@yahoo.com

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi, I have no idea how to use a site like this but hopefully I'll catch on quick. lyI am looking for support from other adults dealing with being ...More

Helpful Tips

Are you having posting problems?
With all the posting/not posting problems, try these: 1. Copy your post/response BEFORE clicking on "post" 2. If the "can't post now" ... More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 7 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.