Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Alternative safe haven being created
tnmist posted:
I have created a private community on WebMD. it was easier than I thought. invite is per email, so I'm still working on that. I may set up a dummy email account for this purpose. "Stay tuned" for more info! Oh, and I am not the only one deciding on members. I have a couple of trusted members from here helping figure this out.
My goal is not to hurt anyone's feelings here; however I do feel there are several women who will appreciate still having a place to go for encouragement and to offer encouragement to others without drama.
Every day begins with an act of courage and hope: Getting out of bed. - Mason Cooley

Misty

slik_kitty responded:
sounds like a wonderful idea. i just ditched the sh board cuz the drama just continues. i hate drama.

tnmist replied to slik_kitty's response:
I lurk there but feel the same as you. Please see my reply to Mary below. I currently have a broken arm (both forearm bones near wrist) and have to peck on keyboard 1-handed.
Every day begins with an act of courage and hope: Getting out of bed. - Mason Cooley

Misty

mandybutterflykiss replied to tnmist's response:
Please keep me in mind as well.

off_the_wall responded:
How do we join?

tnmist replied to off_the_wall's response:
Sorry for confusion. I see you found the other post, but I will re-post here, too:

Please send me an email at tnmistpublic@yahoo.com . I will be double-checking with other members who have been here longer than I have who will help me decide about invites. Thank you for understanding.

Unfortunately, this won't work for anyone new to this board, but I am sure I won't be the only one checking in here, too, to help support those who have found this community and need to know you are not alone. We are here to support one another.

I hope to hear from more folks soon.

"Peace be the journey."

Misty

penguie replied to tnmist's response:
been around on the SH board but given what I have read as of late I am deeply saddened by it all. I am relieved to hear that a safe place is being set up for people to come and seek and provide support. I know I will not be taken in given the different past I have but I wanted to wish you all the best. Be good to yourselves and each other

tnmist replied to penguie's response:
Hi, Penguie. I want to stress that anyone is welcome to send me a request for an invitation. I'm afraid that I don't know you too well, but I always ask the group to give input, and I take the advice of those who have been on the boards a lot longer than I have. Personally, I never noticed anything amiss with your posts. ((Gentle hugs if okay))

Misty

slik_kitty replied to penguie's response:
go ahead and send misty your email for an invite. i will put my word in for you. i've known you a long time.

Spotlight: Member Stories

If you have any questions just ask....The story continues.

Helpful Tips

An Answer to Why does my chest alway hurt?
I am a survivor of sexual abuse plus others. When I was 8 I started to experience overall chest pain. At 9 I went throught a medical review ... More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 11 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.