Skip to content
In my humble opinion...
tnmist posted:
If this board is triggering/angering you, please just don't come here right now. A couple of us are checking for new people who are reaching out for help, so don't feel compelled to check right now.

As for me, I simply refuse to respond to the angry, board-damaging posts because I look at it as bait, even if I feel they are talking about me and especially if I might reply in anger myself. That only hurts the board further. If you are reading posts here, I am appealing to you to please stop and wait before possibly replying on an emotional level. Please practice restraint in that circumstance.

Personally, I am stronger these days overall, and I am not triggered by the angry posts. If you are feeling vulnerable, just tell yourself that you will check it another day.

Please also consider this, especially if you are Christian: The angry posters are lashing out anywhere they can because they themselves are hurting deeply, and it really isn't about this board or about you. They have had so many hurtful things happen to them that their anger spills over wherever they go. I appeal to the rest of us to look beyond their anger and realize it is masking deeply hurt persons. I am not excusing it; however, please realize that responding (ESPECIALLY with your own anger) will not help them. These boards have its limitations. Face-to-face counseling with a competent professional is more than likely required.
Every day begins with an act of courage and hope: Getting out of bed. - Mason Cooley

Misty

Spotlight: Member Stories

I was molested by 3 relatives. All of this occured when I was just 7 and younger. Two were male, one was female. Two were repeating abuses that had/we...More

Helpful Tips

my story - in part anyway
I had always been asked if I had been molested and always answered no. Then, after a hysterectomy at 36, I was once again asked, only this ... More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 13 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.