Skip to content
Don't get it
soulkeepers posted:
I don't know why or what for but people just want to see me hurt.

It feels like a bad dream that I can't wake from.

Wyatt
MAKE EVERY YESTERDAY A DREAM OF HOPE AND TOMORROW A DREAM OF HAPPINESS!!!!!!!

slik_kitty responded:
I was once told that people see us as we see ourselves. if we are feeling defeated, then others see that and tend to treat us this way. so the thing to do is work on how you feel about yourself. i know it isn't easy when depression looms, but find ways to empower yourself. i had this big sheet of paper with power words and phrases on it that i taped to my door so i saw it every time i left the house. you can make smaller ones that you can tape to your car mirror or carry in your wallet. something you can see at any time to give yourself power and help you feel better about yourself. then the self you are projecting to the world is stronger and others will see that and treat you better.

tnmist replied to slik_kitty's response:
Slik_Kitty, that is very insightful. Thank you for sharing those thoughts...Gives me food for thought.
Every day begins with an act of courage and hope: Getting out of bed. - Mason Cooley

Misty

soulkeepers replied to slik_kitty's response:
Slik,

Thanks for your advice!

The swapping each negative word for a positive one is good advice.You get use to it when you get beat down with insults and abuse daily.When you check your phone and you have countless threats and profanity.That's a normal day for me so that doesn't hurt so much.

This,just today is what I'm talking about here.Having no words is what I don't get.How I'm treated by others is what hurts and not what is said.Don't have no motivators,supporters or anyone to lean on.The instant family I thought I had.Mothers and sisters are gone.Can't even get anyone to acknowledge my feelings.That's aching real bad right and I don't know how we got here.

Today I just myself what am I doing here?...Maybe I should just keep my distant cause that's what I feel need to happen.

Thanks.....Wyatt
MAKE EVERY YESTERDAY A DREAM OF HOPE AND TOMORROW A DREAM OF HAPPINESS!!!!!!!

slik_kitty replied to soulkeepers's response:
when you have no one to lean on but yourself is when you find your true strength. it is inside you. changing negatives to positives. being your own advocate. not worrying about what others think of you and just being yourself. i can't remember the full saying, but it's something like this, you can't please all of the people all of the time, so work on pleasing yourself.

speak2me4real replied to soulkeepers's response:
Soulkeepers,

Hope you are doing a little bit better today.You have gotten some good advice from slik_kitty.It's hard to when you first start the reverse but as you do it more it'll get easier.It takes a lot of work cause it begins from inside to the outside of you.Sometimes a change is what a person needs to turn things around.

I hope you will take slik's advice then you will see your true strength and stand tall.I don't wish for you to stay away,I'll be here if you want someone to listen.You don't have to go at this alone ask for help there too.Believe that you have better days coming in front of you.

I think this time is the right moment to really lean on God.He aint never left you just waiting on you.He knows you're tired and wants you to let him in.You can go to him with anything that is going on with you.

Hope you'll seek help of some sort from those you can trust.

An_252962 replied to speak2me4real's response:
I don't think he's pleased when someone enforces his law.Whatever the deal is you shouldn't take something you can't give.People think they can do whatever they want without thinking about follows their actions.

I'm not saying that people shouldn't be punish for doing wrong but it's not up you to take it that far.You can't play God no matter what that person has or have done.There's laws in place for people like that and officers to enforce them.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am broken but I don't like others to know because I fear they won't look at me as strong as they see me now. I don't understand why I am...More

Helpful Tips

my story - in part anyway
I had always been asked if I had been molested and always answered no. Then, after a hysterectomy at 36, I was once again asked, only this ... More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 13 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.