Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Wednesday W's?
littletears posted:
Lets hear em, whines, win's and wishes..
FirstPrevious12NextLast

bigkaren responded:
Whines- It is raining here in ohio and i want to plant flowers. Wins- it's been almost four week since my T left and I haven't cut or totally freaked out.It's the next four week I am worry about. Wishes- my son just e-mail me pictures of my grandson rolling over and laughing about it, I wish I was there to see him. I haven't seen this one and he is 5 month old.

Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
Where are yours, LT? :-) Whine: I am getting very weary of being in this much pain. Walking is iffy nowadays. Wish: That a couple of people in my life who are dealing with breast cancer have their surgeries and treatments work for them. And that another friend has some work come through for her. Win: Lots of things in my life - both big and small - have suddenly been working out lately. And hey, I'm over the flu that hit me last week. Next?

katiemontie responded:
ok, 1st time doing this so here goes! Whine: It's just not fair! wishes: I wish I'd win in court to get my daughter back. Win: I'm still breathing, I think. LOL

writejessss responded:
Whines: tired, depressed, overwhelmed; I love the rain, but a little sunshine here and there would be nice too Wins: made it through three days of work, just two more to go before the weekend Wishes: the depression would lift; I'd have some energy and could concentrate; I didn't have to go to school this summer

Faithfully_recovering responded:
Whines: my back is killing me to the point I can't walk again right now; MRI tomorrow; my gardenia bushes may die; anniversary of fiance's death is coming Monday Wins: I'm still around; I was instructed to use the hot tub daily by my doctor; still working hard on getting the guy behind bars for the rest of his life. Wishes: it would rain and loosen up the ground so I can finish my memorial garden; I could have a mother figure hold and comfort me :sad: :sad:

miataredhead responded:
Whine: I've let myself get out of shape again, and starting over with exercise is so hard, but I have to do it! Win: DH and I put together our new patio furniture today. Wish: That we have a relatively cool summer here, which isn't likely where I live, but I can dream, can't I?

MarySings responded:
Whines: I am too sensitive to spoken and written comments ~ My hips hurt so badly that walking through a mall this afternoon was just almost more than I could handle ~ Sitting is just as bad and when we leave on Friday late afternoon for a 20 hour drive home I just want to bawl thinking about it ~ on top of everything else, I am fighting a sore heel Wins: Getting to see Eric every evening has been wonderful and he's driving up here tomorrow evening, too ~ I've been out of contact with Dr.B for two and half weeks and I am doing very well using my skills - just 7 days to go before therapy resumes ~ Eric has NEVER said a bad thing about his soon-to-be-ex and that makes me very proud of him Wishes: I was home with my own bed, pillows, and my pink blanket! It's been a long and difficult week for me. I'm sorry I am often a pain in the butt to this board. Mary :frown:

Lifes responded:
Whines: (1) My friend and helper came close to dying in my house last Tuesday. Then, because of HIPPA I didn't know for 2 days whether she died at the ER or was still alive. Now I'm having flashbacks about "the event" that happened with her in my house---over and over and over and over and....over again. (2) I've lived longer in pain in my life, than without pain, physical and emotional. (3) I couldn't get to the Dr to refill my narcotics; cold turkey until next week? Wins: (1) I saved the life of my friend and helper. I knew what to do; I still know something from my years of training. She's alive. I still have a friend. I'll also have her help again (which wasn't a sure thing at first). 2. Having lived more in pain than not, I know most of the time what helps. It's those really bad times, physically or emotionally, that still stump me. 3. At least I have narcotics, and will again next week; most people dealing with pain just get to suffer. Wishes: (1) That I never, ever, ever find my friend in such a dire emergency situation again. That I never hear mixed up "crazy sounding" sentences again. That I never hold her life in my hands again. That the flashbacks stop soon. That everyone in my system soon hears, "Yes, she is alive and getting back to her old self now." (2) That my dumb doctor never changes my appt without telling me, then leaves town and leaves me with no narcotic refills. (3) That the physical pain of this past week slows up and lets me breathe. That the emotions of this past week will ease so I can sleep. (4) That someone notices me and notices when I'm gone.

SwimNini86 responded:
I'm glad your friend's alright! :smile: whines: it's rained all week. It's June. It should be sunny and warm...And I somehow got the shingles for the second time. I'm under the age of 30. odd. wins: my group ended yesterday, and I was told I was a validating, helpful member, which made me feel better because helping others in a validating, supportive way is something I really wanted to improve. Also, the group was definitely less triggering this time around, and I feel a lot better about my recovery and the place its taken me. wishes: for sunshine and no shingles. sorry this is a couple days late...

awesomelexie responded:
Whine: I am nervous about a speech I have to give this week. I woke up rehearsing and planning what I was going to say! I'm not nervous about speaking in front of people, I'm just nervous when I don't know what to say. But I will figure it out before I have to give it! Also, my back continues to hurt, I continue to get referred to different docs, insurance is being a pain - but whatever, I'm walking in faith, and it WILL be ok. Win: I absolutely love my job and I am looking forward to learning more, and growing more, and being stretched! I am increasing in my knowledge of God and that is amazing to me. I'm actually trusting Him to take care of me and give me what I need in the moment, rather than stressing when the future looks bleak. Wishes: That my husband will soon find a job.

Beamp2 responded:
whine - work is outrageously stressful

win- I have a job

wishes - to sleep all day long

Caprice_WebMD_Staff replied to Beamp2's response:
Well, hey there, Beamp.

I hope you're able to get some real rest this weekend. (((hugs)))

LiveByLyrics responded:
Whines-- Testing coming up soon

Wins--haven't cut in a couple months

Wishes-- my friend makes it out of the hospital safe and sound tomorrow

WolfFaerie responded:
Whines: Sick of being tired with no energy to do anything useful around the house.

Wins: I'm starting to have a clearer idea of what I want to do with and about my dad being in my life or not.

Wishes: That it was my little brother would hurry up and get here already. Can't wait for him to visit the whole family real soon.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I was molested by my grand father starting when i was about 6 or 7. It went on for years. I was scared to tell anyone. Thought my dad would blame me. ...More

Helpful Tips

my story - in part anyway
I had always been asked if I had been molested and always answered no. Then, after a hysterectomy at 36, I was once again asked, only this ... More
Was this Helpful?
9 of 12 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.