Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Useful Links!
Help Our Community Answer Your Questions Better By Including In Your Post: Gender, Have You Been Tested For An STD Yet?
Type Of STD Tests and Results? Any Medications To Control Your STD?

HSV1 and dealing.
baristabb posted:
On May 21st I was diagnosed with herpes. The worst news I've ever heard in my life. As a young girl of 22, this is not the news I ever wanted to hear. I have never had sex with any partners, my life has went through many changes from being very religious (explaining the abstinence) to just wanted to be careful and respected of my partners. Recently I had a boyfriend that I trusted and loved so I felt that I was old enough and mature enough to be active with. A few days after messing around I felt sore down there. I finally checked and I had a large cut and was completely confused. My doctor at urgent care said it was a skin infection from heavy irritation, to take antibiotics. Luckily for me I had a gyno on Monday and she gave me the bad news. She was insistant that because of the oral from my boyfriend he must have given it to me. Long story short, he had his blood tested and it was negative.

Also because I was upset my boyfriend has left me since then.

Any advice on how to cope would be wonderful. It's not fair for anyone to have to live with this and for me, I feel completely lost.

Puma25 responded:
hello i was 27 yrs on 2008 may when i was told i had herpes, 1 1/2 year after breaking off with my second partner.I was lost and confused because i only been with two sexual partners in my sexual active life and now i had herpes.
It took me two years to recover from a serious depression but now every time i have a breakout i get really depress,I still ask my self (why me, why)
Now i take valtrex every day and i have kept it a secret.I been single ever since.I hope u feel better and read as much on this condition,this site really help or find a support group.

abe648 replied to Puma25's response:
Please take the time to go back many many pages and read posts of those who have recently been infected and you will get to see that this is not the end of the world and that both of you can go on and have a successful love life. Cheer up.
God Bless both of you.
To learn more read the Herpes Handbook. Terri Warren's book The Good News about the Bad News. It is available now as am e-book. Click on my avatar to get more details.

abe648 responded:
I thought that you had HSV 2 when I first posted. HSV 1 is still a concern but is a lot less of a problem when it comes to ob's. With HSv 1 most people normally only have 1 more Ob in the first year and then on average you get 1 ob every other year.

The thing you need to remember is that even though you have HSV 1 you can still get HSV 2 genitally. So when you decide to start dating again you need to get your new partner and yourself tested for all STI'S and especially for both of you to get a type specific igg blood test to see what each of you have.
To learn more read the Herpes Handbook. Terri Warren's book The Good News about the Bad News. It is available now as am e-book. Click on my avatar to get more details.

Helpful Tips

What are the tests to be done for finding out Sexually transmitted diseases
Dear Sir I what to know, what are the tests are required to be done for finding out the sexually transmitted diseases? Kindly give reply. More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.