Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Useful Links!
Help Our Community Answer Your Questions Better By Including In Your Post: Gender, Have You Been Tested For An STD Yet?
Type Of STD Tests and Results? Any Medications To Control Your STD?

frustration!!
strugsingmom1 posted:
Short and to the point: after a very bad relationship of lies and betrayals it's been 4 years now with HSV2. It'd be nice to be able to relate to someone and vice verse. It's nice talking to one of my close friends but it's not really the same because she doesn't really get what I'm going through. She keeps saying things to me about support groups and I guess after a zillion times of her suggesting them to me I'm trying to look for ppl (gender doesn't matter) to relate to. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

abe648 responded:
You need to get out and start to live again after 4 years. If you are in a larger centre then google "herpes support groups" on Yahoo. If you find one in your area then go and talk to those who have been dealing with it for a long time.

Life does not have to stop because you have HSV 2. There is someone who will love you for who you are and not for what you have. You can live laugh love and be intimate again.

If you cannot find a group then come back and tell us exactly how you feel and what bothers you so we can become your support group.
To learn more read the Herpes Handbook. Terri Warren's book The Good News about the Bad News. It is available now as am e-book. Click on The Tiger to get more details.

strugsingmom1 replied to abe648's response:
Thank you so much for that. When I have an outbreak I lose my freakin mind!! I honestly feel like I'm alone in this even though I know that I'm not. It's hard having to open up at the time to say oh hey by the way i have herpes and that's the end of that. Thank you again for that.

abe648 replied to strugsingmom1's response:
I think that you would benefit from reading Terri Warren's book the good news about the bad news. You can find it on my profile by clicking on the Tiger. It is located in the Herpes Handbook under the heading Hepres.The cost is about $16-17. or you can get it as an ebook.

A support group would be helpful but just to let you know that you are not alone. 1 in 4 women and 1 in 5 men have HSV 2. Stop beating yourself up every time you have an ob. Are you on suppressive therapy? If not then see a Doc and get a R/x for some type of suppressive therapy. LIfe will go on and you need to get out and live. There is someone who will love you even with your herpes. God Bless you and keep coming back and telling us how things are going.
To learn more read the Herpes Handbook. Terri Warren's book The Good News about the Bad News. It is available now as am e-book. Click on The Tiger to get more details.

Helpful Tips

How Can You Get Most Out This Community?
Hello members, Welcome to the STD community! Please feel free to post or join in any discussions on this community. Useful Tools WebMD ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 3 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.