Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Useful Links!
Help Our Community Answer Your Questions Better By Including In Your Post: Gender, Have You Been Tested For An STD Yet?
Type Of STD Tests and Results? Any Medications To Control Your STD?

Just what to say to tell someone you like you have HSV
Needtoknow04 posted:
Hello I met someone four months ago and I truly have fallen in love with this person because they have been really great to me. Unfortunately he is away in the army and I will not be able to see him until the end of this year. I recently found out I have HSV and would love to tell him because we are making plans to be together. I do not want to wait until he comes home to tell him, I want to tell him before he does so that if he doesn't want to be with me he can say so before he comes here. Can someone please tell me what to do.

abe648 responded:
In your case I would tell him on the phone. I sometimes tell people to write a letter but if I was away for that length of time I think I would not like to get a letter telling me that someone I care about has something to tell me and does so in a letter. But perhaps that just may be the best for you as you can word it just they way you want and then your friend can than call you once they get the letter. It is really up to you. There is no real easy way to tell someone. The last thing you want to do is make it seem like it is a real big deal. Life can go on even if you have herpes and you can live love and be intimate with the right person. God Bless you.
To learn more read the Herpes Handbook. Terri Warren's book The Good News about the Bad News. It is available now as am e-book. Click on The Tiger to get more details.

Needtoknow04 replied to abe648's response:
Thank you for your response. I think the phone is the best way to tell him also.

abe648 replied to Needtoknow04's response:
Once you have told him come back and let us know how it went and if you have any questions ask them so we can help you with any questions he may have that you do not know the answer to.
To learn more read the Herpes Handbook. Terri Warren's book The Good News about the Bad News. It is available now as am e-book. Click on The Tiger to get more details.

Needtoknow04 replied to abe648's response:
I told my friend about the hsv that I have. At first I was very worried about what he would think and say but I decided to not let my emotions get the better of me. I was straight forward and started out by telling him the results of my blood test. I told him exactly what hsv was and before I finish explaining everything to him he told me that he loved me and that we will deal with it together. He assured me that I should not worry that he would not want to be with me because he loved me that much. I could not have asked for a better person to come into my life. Right now I am very happy.

abe648 replied to Needtoknow04's response:
I am really happy for you and now that it is out in the open there is no need to worry about it and you can move on knowing that this guy loves you regardless of what you have and this is a good way to start a new relationship in that you are honest with him and have told him. Remember to keep all your concerns with him open and honest and you will find that your relationship with him and you will always be that way so that you can become close friends in your life together. God Bless you as you move forward together.

I would also ask that if you feel ok with herpes that you come and answer some questions for those who come here looking for answers like I helped you as we need others on here who will take the time to help others as they have been helped.

You do not have to have all the answers you just tell them what you know and have concern for those who are looking for help and they will really appreciate it.
Read more in the Herpes Handbook. Watch the Herpes Video and Terri Warren's book The Good News about the Bad News. All located under the heading Herpes at http://www.westoverheights.com/

Helpful Tips

Be the first to post a Tip!

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.