Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Useful Links!
Help Our Community Answer Your Questions Better By Including In Your Post: Gender, Have You Been Tested For An STD Yet?
Type Of STD Tests and Results? Any Medications To Control Your STD?

STD Scare O_O
An_246781 posted:
So; I've recently became sexually active. (I'm in a monogamous relationship) and prior to my lusty midnight trysts I used to do anal stimulation (this is before I ever had vaginal penetration) I've always done it solo but at one point in time; someone walked in and in the heat of the moment I let them "help" me. At one point, the person used the object on themself for a few mins and then pulled it out then wiped it off with a dry towel and inserted it back in them. After a few thrusts, I found myself no longer in the mood and we stopped. What was my actual HIV exposure risk? Should I worry?

kandiraynee responded:
You're going to have to probably ask @georgiagail about that one, I don't want to give you false information.

georgiagail responded:
I'm going to assume that what you really meant when you wrote "inserted it back in them" was that they actually inserted it back into you; correct?

Gail

An_246781 replied to georgiagail's response:
Yes M'am.

georgiagail replied to An_246781's response:
What would be needed for this to be considered a risk for HIV transmission..

1. The person who shared the object would need to be HIV positive (of course).
2. Their use of the item would need to be vigorous enough that they injured themselves during the process, leaving blood on the object.
3. Their wiping off of the object did not remove this blood.
4. Your use of it was also vigorous enough to cause an open wound in your rectal area, allowing the infected blood to enter your system.

In other words, the risk would be similar to sharing of IV drug needles with an HIV positive individual (i.e., where tainted blood would actually enter the body of the uninfected person).

It's unlikely this happened during the anal "sharing".

Gail

Helpful Tips

How Can You Get Most Out This Community?
Hello members, Welcome to the STD community! Please feel free to post or join in any discussions on this community. Useful Tools WebMD ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 2 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.