Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Useful Links!
Help Our Community Answer Your Questions Better By Including In Your Post: Gender, Have You Been Tested For An STD Yet?
Type Of STD Tests and Results? Any Medications To Control Your STD?

Kissing
strugsingmom1 posted:
I know that this is probably asked a million times but Ive got a question bout kissing. How can HSV2 be spread through kissing? Is it only in the effected area and during an outbreak or if you were to just go up to someone and kiss them could they get? I thought that its only during an outbreak and in the effected area. I need to be set straight.

georgiagail responded:
If this virus is located on the genitals kissing someone on the mouth will not transmit the virus to another person.

Gail

strugsingmom1 replied to georgiagail's response:
That's what I thought. I'm kind of talking to someone and the hardest thing for me to do is say to him look i've got herpes. then the whole not knowing when, how long to wait how to say it. Well anyway this guy that I"m talking to we hung out for a little bit a week ago and there was definite kissing going on not on my cha cha. When i first found out I guess i missed it or something but I checked again and it said kissing. Well it's an STD so I know that it has to do w sex obviously. He was freaking out bc he kissed everywhere else but there and it had me curious and just needed to be reaffirmed that unless if there's an outbreak (for sure) and in the area then it's all good. Thank you!!

Helpful Tips

Reducing OB and itching woth Loratadin
I have had terrible hayfever and used a fairly new over the counter drug called Loratadin (costs £1 per packet) and to my astonishment my ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.