Skip to content

Announcements

Useful Links!
Help Our Community Answer Your Questions Better By Including In Your Post: Gender, Have You Been Tested For An STD Yet?
Type Of STD Tests and Results? Any Medications To Control Your STD?

Questions to everyone
An_247589 posted:
I am 21 years old and I was diagnosed with genital herpes when I was a freshman in college. The first time I went to the OBGYN for a yearly exam not knowing what I had. She gave me cream and the warts went away with in 3 weeks. I am now having my first out break sense then and I just cant bring myself to go back to the OBGYN. I feel discussing and my self esteem is at its all time low right now...

I have had a boyfriend for a year and 6 months now and I have never told him about my problem. I don't think I ever could. This is actually the first time I have told anyone, other then my doctor knowing.

I have been trying different type of natural ways to get rid of them, them seemed to have went away but are coming back again. I tried ACV but that just ate my skin away pretty much. I have been using Zinc cream and Tea Tree Oil. Does anyone have any other at home remedies that they have used that have proven to work for them?

georgiagail responded:
Are you confusing HSV (i.e., herpes) with HPV, the virus that causes genital warts?

Gail

Helpful Tips

understanding
I'M A 44 YR OLD MOTHER WHO HAS BEEN MARRIED FOR ALMOST EIGHT YRS. MY HUSBAND IS CURRENTLY LOCKED UP AND I HAVEN'T BEEN WITH ANYBODY FOR 9 ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.