Skip to content

Announcements

Useful Links!
Help Our Community Answer Your Questions Better By Including In Your Post: Gender, Have You Been Tested For An STD Yet?
Type Of STD Tests and Results? Any Medications To Control Your STD?

What is Happening to Me?!
An_247642 posted:
Hey everyone! Let me provide a little background information for you..

I was with my son's father for three years. We are no longer together and I have since moved on, dating my ex who I've been in love with for years. I have also been on Microgestin (pill) birth control for about a year and a half, my GYN switched me to a lower dose less than two months ago.

My boyfriend and I recently had sex (unprotected, we're both clean unless our tests weren't accurate) for the first time in years. He is significantly "bigger" than my ex, in length as well as girth. It was enjoyable, but painful as well. I literally felt like he broke through a trapped door, my cervix maybe?

The next evening, I began to bleed. It was pinkish in color, not very heavy. I felt like I may have started my period. I was quite irritable and I had moderate cramping. It continued on and off, and here we are, nine days later and I'm still having a very light brownish discharge every so often throughout the day.

I'm trying to hold off visiting my GYN because I'm due for my actual period this upcoming week so I'm hoping all will be flushed out and this on and off mess should cease.

What could be going on? I know there could be a lot of explanations. I tried to be as informative as possible. Could this be due to my switch in birth control (break through bleeding)? A small tear? Cervical damage? An STD? Help please! Thank you!

Helpful Tips

Be the first to post a Tip!

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.