Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Useful Links!
Help Our Community Answer Your Questions Better By Including In Your Post: Gender, Have You Been Tested For An STD Yet?
Type Of STD Tests and Results? Any Medications To Control Your STD?

herpes
An_247682 posted:
was infected by the first person i dated after my divorce. I am devasted especially since he ended up being emotionally absuvie and contraolling. Now what do i do ? I feel alone and how do i tell someone else i might be interested in dating i have HSV ?

ajhawley responded:
harshh. i know how you feel. i was pressured into dating this girl i didnt really want to date, and had sex with her once. drunken mistake, no condom. then i moved out of my state, so the state im in now i have no health insurance because it was state insurance. i had no idea i have herpes until i saw the symptoms on this site, so im self diagnosed. plus im with the women i truly feel im going to marry, and yet i have no clue how to tell her. however, my advice to you is this. first off, never feel alone. did you know one in five people in the us are affected by herpes?? thats more than asthma and cancer. second, its best to come straight out with it. not like, "hi im so-and-so and i have herpes, whats your name?" but, bring it up in conversation, and especially tell them before you have sex, and use condoms. they suck, but if we used them to begin with, we wouldnt have the dame virus now would we? simply know that you are still beautiful, and herpes will never ever control you, you control it. hope this helps darling.

Helpful Tips

How to Live With an STD
1. Be yourself, and be patient. No matter what situation it is you are going through, and don't ever let anyone make you feel bad about ... More
Was this Helpful?
32 of 39 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.