Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Useful Links!
Help Our Community Answer Your Questions Better By Including In Your Post: Gender, Have You Been Tested For An STD Yet?
Type Of STD Tests and Results? Any Medications To Control Your STD?

Contracting Chlamydia question
Mikeonthefloor posted:
Can a man contract chlamydia from receiving oral sex from a man or woman?

georgiagail responded:
Yes; if their partner carries this bacterial based STD in THEIR oral cavity.

If they are only infected in their genitals and the sexual contact is limited to them performing oral sex on someone, they cannot transmit this disease to that person.

Gail

Mikeonthefloor replied to georgiagail's response:
Thank you. I have a follow up. Can you get genital chlamydia by performing oral sex on a man or receiving anal or is the type of chlamydia dependent on where it entered your body? In other words performing oral sex means oral and receiving anal sex means anal chlamydia? Again, thanks

georgiagail replied to Mikeonthefloor's response:
If you are asking can chlamydia be picked up orally by performing oral sex on a partner who has this bacteria in their genitals, the answer is yes. The same with undergoing unprotected anal intercourse with a partner who has this bacteria on their genitals (or, if the sexual encounter involves mouth to anal contact, with someone who carries this bacteria in their oral cavity).

Gail

Mikeonthefloor replied to georgiagail's response:
I guess I need a slight clarification. If I receive anal sex and contract chlamydia will it be anal chlamydia or could I get genital chlamydia?

Thanks

georgiagail replied to Mikeonthefloor's response:
There is no "anal" or "genital" chlamydia, just chlamydia.

If you develop this through unprotected anal intercourse, that is where the bacteria will be located.

Gail

Helpful Tips

How Can You Get Most Out This Community?
Hello members, Welcome to the STD community! Please feel free to post or join in any discussions on this community. Useful Tools WebMD ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.