Skip to content

Announcements

Exciting News for WebMD Members!

We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

What Do You Need to Do?

The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

Contracting Chlamydia question
    Mikeonthefloor posted:
    Can a man contract chlamydia from receiving oral sex from a man or woman?

georgiagail responded:
    Yes; if their partner carries this bacterial based STD in THEIR oral cavity.

If they are only infected in their genitals and the sexual contact is limited to them performing oral sex on someone, they cannot transmit this disease to that person.

Gail

Mikeonthefloor replied to georgiagail's response:
    Thank you. I have a follow up. Can you get genital chlamydia by performing oral sex on a man or receiving anal or is the type of chlamydia dependent on where it entered your body? In other words performing oral sex means oral and receiving anal sex means anal chlamydia? Again, thanks

georgiagail replied to Mikeonthefloor's response:
    If you are asking can chlamydia be picked up orally by performing oral sex on a partner who has this bacteria in their genitals, the answer is yes. The same with undergoing unprotected anal intercourse with a partner who has this bacteria on their genitals (or, if the sexual encounter involves mouth to anal contact, with someone who carries this bacteria in their oral cavity).

Gail

Mikeonthefloor replied to georgiagail's response:
    I guess I need a slight clarification. If I receive anal sex and contract chlamydia will it be anal chlamydia or could I get genital chlamydia?

Thanks

georgiagail replied to Mikeonthefloor's response:
    There is no "anal" or "genital" chlamydia, just chlamydia.

If you develop this through unprotected anal intercourse, that is where the bacteria will be located.

Gail

Helpful Tips

Don't waste time on this site.
    Please do not embarrass yourselves with asking these virtual medical advice people anything real important. I didn't even get an answer. More
    Was this Helpful?
    0 of 2 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.