Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Useful Links!
Help Our Community Answer Your Questions Better By Including In Your Post: Gender, Have You Been Tested For An STD Yet?
Type Of STD Tests and Results? Any Medications To Control Your STD?

HSV2 and 1 no outbreaks.
jbcforever1001 posted:
am devastated. this is supposed to be the happiest time of my life and now i am more depressed then ever. Me and my husband of almost a year are finally pregnant. this is my second child, my first of which was not with my husband and was 4 years ago. I went for my 13 week check up yesterday and even tho i get screened yearly for stds and have always been clean and never had anything. But the doctor tells me that i had test results come back positive for HSV1 and HSV2. I have never had an outbreak. I have never had any symptoms. i feel like a dirty person. i feel like because of this i just ruined my child's and my husbands life. I feel like my husband doesnt want anything to do with me anymore because if it and i dont know what to do with myself. I spent the whole day yesterday in bed crying and sleeping because i just dont know what to do with myself. I dont know who to talk to and talking to my husband is just painful because i didnt have this before i was with him. I wanted to get retested for it to verify the results , but the new hospital im at told me it would be pointless because there lab cant break down the results like that they can only tell me if i have hsv they wont say if its one or two.

im so depressed every time i think of it i just wanna cry....

georgiagail responded:
If you didn't have this prior to meeting your current husband, who do you think gave you these viruses? He did.

Why do you believe you ruined your husband and unborn childs life?

Gail

jbcforever1001 replied to georgiagail's response:
he states he doesnt have it.

elle0317 replied to jbcforever1001's response:
I say you should get another blood test, go to another facility or clinic that uses the igg type specific blood test. Take your husband with you as well to be tested too. If you didn't have these prior to meeting him, and haven't stepped out on him, then it came from him. He will need to be tested as well to know for sure, you cannot judge by the lack of symptoms.

Helpful Tips

Be the first to post a Tip!

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.