Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    please help me... year long infection
    Dennisdesperate posted:
    i"ve had itchy pimples in my pubic area and a rash on my penis and testicles that spread to my upper thigh and anus. I got it after (stupid) unprotected sex with a girl. I didnt notice she had a rash until after the sex and i also noticed a strong odor. The doctor diagnosed the pimples as follocultis and the rash as a yeast infection. None of the medicine prescribed worked, which was ketaconazole, diflucan, nystatin, and steriod creams. for the follucultis i had limited success with bactrim and keflex. clindamycin and minocycline had no effect. eventualy through keeping my groin dry my penis nad testicles no longer have the rash but they still itch a bit. The rash is no on my upper thighs and anus in the folds on the skin and doesnt seem to be going away. its been a year since i first go this and throughout the whole time its itched bad and im impotenent. No otc stuff ive tried has worked. Hopefully someone here knows something i can do or someone i can go to. im so depressed i cant keep going on like this.
    Dennisdesperate responded:
    Ive also been tested for chlamydia , gonorrhea, syphilis, HIV(3 months and 6 months after) hepatitis and trich... all were negative
    elle0317 responded:
    I would see a Dermatologist about this. It doesn't sound like an STD.
    Dennisdesperate replied to elle0317's response:
    have seen one, hasnt been willing to do a biopsy so he keeps trying to give me antifungal medicine that isnt working, and while it may not a classic sti the girl i got it from had the same thing so it was transmitted sexually, also does anyone have tips on getting rid of pubic follucultis i still have some left and the antibiotics wont get rid of it

    Helpful Tips

    Don't waste time on this site.
    Please do not embarrass yourselves with asking these virtual medical advice people anything real important. I didn't even get an answer. More
    Was this Helpful?
    0 of 2 found this helpful

    Helpful Resources

    Be the first to post a Resource!

    Related Drug Reviews

    • Drug Name User Reviews

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.