Find Information About:

Drugs & Supplements

Get information and reviews on prescription drugs, over-the-counter medications, vitamins, and supplements. Search by name or medical condition.

Pill Identifier

Pill Identifier

Having trouble identifying your pills?

Enter the shape, color, or imprint of your prescription or OTC drug. Our pill identification tool will display pictures that you can compare to your pill.

Get Started

My Medicine

Save your medicine, check interactions, sign up for FDA alerts, create family profiles and more.

Get Started

WebMD Health Experts and Community

Talk to health experts and other people like you in WebMD's Communities. It's a safe forum where you can create or participate in support groups and discussions about health topics that interest you.

  • Second Opinion

    Second Opinion

    Read expert perspectives on popular health topics.

  • Community


    Connect with people like you, and get expert guidance on living a healthy life.

Got a health question? Get answers provided by leading organizations, doctors, and experts.

Get Answers

Sign up to receive WebMD's award-winning content delivered to your inbox.

Sign Up


All communities will be placed in read-only mode (you will be able to see and search for posts but not start or reply to discussions) as we conduct maintenance. We will make another announcement when posting is re-opened. Thank you for your continued support and patience, and if you have any further questions, please email

Yours in health,
WebMD Community Management

please help me... year long infection
Dennisdesperate posted:
i"ve had itchy pimples in my pubic area and a rash on my penis and testicles that spread to my upper thigh and anus. I got it after (stupid) unprotected sex with a girl. I didnt notice she had a rash until after the sex and i also noticed a strong odor. The doctor diagnosed the pimples as follocultis and the rash as a yeast infection. None of the medicine prescribed worked, which was ketaconazole, diflucan, nystatin, and steriod creams. for the follucultis i had limited success with bactrim and keflex. clindamycin and minocycline had no effect. eventualy through keeping my groin dry my penis nad testicles no longer have the rash but they still itch a bit. The rash is no on my upper thighs and anus in the folds on the skin and doesnt seem to be going away. its been a year since i first go this and throughout the whole time its itched bad and im impotenent. No otc stuff ive tried has worked. Hopefully someone here knows something i can do or someone i can go to. im so depressed i cant keep going on like this.
Dennisdesperate responded:
Ive also been tested for chlamydia , gonorrhea, syphilis, HIV(3 months and 6 months after) hepatitis and trich... all were negative
elle0317 responded:
I would see a Dermatologist about this. It doesn't sound like an STD.
Dennisdesperate replied to elle0317's response:
have seen one, hasnt been willing to do a biopsy so he keeps trying to give me antifungal medicine that isnt working, and while it may not a classic sti the girl i got it from had the same thing so it was transmitted sexually, also does anyone have tips on getting rid of pubic follucultis i still have some left and the antibiotics wont get rid of it

Helpful Tips

Be the first to post a Tip!

Related Drug Reviews

  • Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.