Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Useful Links!
Help Our Community Answer Your Questions Better By Including In Your Post: Gender, Have You Been Tested For An STD Yet?
Type Of STD Tests and Results? Any Medications To Control Your STD?

HERPES? helppppp
An_247801 posted:
white blisters on clit, swollen clit, white discharge..
I took a blood and urine test on Tuesday. I have not received the test results of the blood test only urine(which came back negative). It seems that my clitoris is getting swollen and the blisters seem to be going away or just not as noticeable. The only pain I have is on my clitoris and I think because of the opened wombs touching each other. The blisters have been there since Saturday. I noticed them when I got home that night. I did have sex that Friday which was a long intercourse and then again that Saturday morning. The sex did not hurt me. I'm just very confused on how this came about.

elle0317 responded:
Blood test would be useless if this your first outbreak, they should have swabbed the blisters for HSV. Blood tests are only reliable if you've had the virus for more than 3 months, if it's been less than 3 months your test will show negative.

So you have a couple options, wait 3 months and take another igg type specific blood test or wait until the blisters reappear and have them swabbed right away. It's been a week since they appeared and swabbing them now may be useless.

cj102311 replied to elle0317's response:
the drs just called and said i tested negative for everything but they do want me to go back in 3 weeks. but the symptoms that people have for herpes i didnt get, as in feeling sick, fever, all that stuff. could it be a yeast infection?

Helpful Tips

Be the first to post a Tip!

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.