Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Useful Links!
Help Our Community Answer Your Questions Better By Including In Your Post: Gender, Have You Been Tested For An STD Yet?
Type Of STD Tests and Results? Any Medications To Control Your STD?

so confused about what is going on..herpes or not?
An_247801 posted:
ok so i have these white bumps on my clitoris for about 6 days now. they looked like blisters then they popped now are flat and white and seem to be trying to heal. i do have unprotected sex with my bf(of a year). and since i have been with him i have not done anything with anyone else. my clitoris also became swollen, and ive have white discharge. i never got a fever or felt like i had the flu. these bumps just came about last saturday after i got home from taking a 4 hour test for school. my bf and i did have sex the day before and that morning. i thought the blisters were just from him and dry intercourse. i went to the drs and took a urine test and blood test. i just found out that they are both negative. but the dr wants me to go back in 4 weeks to get re tested. if it is herpes i honestly do not know how that could happen if we have both been loyal to eachother this past year and neither of us has ever shown symptoms of herpes. could you please help me out!

abe648 responded:
The bumps that I think you said were white and then broke and now you say that they are flat. Did they have any clear fluid in them. If so it could be possibly herpes. I am not to certain about the white discharge but that does sound like what you said in your other post in regards to the white discharge could be a yeast infection or some other bacterial infection. You may want to go and get this looked at to see what it is.

You are concerned that this may be herpes and are wondering how that could happen. It could be HSV 1 genitally from him giving you oral sex if he has HSV 1 orally. Many people can have HSV 1 or HSV 2 and have no symptoms for years. If either of you had partners before this current bf then either of you could have had HSV 1 or 2 and it did not present itself till now. The best thing you can do is go back in a month as per your Doc's request and get retested.

It would be good for your bf to go and get a type specific igg blood test for herpes to see what his status is. That way you will know more when you get retested in a month.

If your Doc said you are negative could you call your Doc and find out what type of test the Doc did and if it was an igg type specific igg blood test ask the Doc for a copy of the blood test and post the numeric test results here so someone can confirm your status for you. Get a copy of your test if you do one in the next month and post that then as well. Read the info in my signature line and watch the video on herpes and that will help you to understand and learn about herpes.
Read more in the Herpes Handbook. Watch the Herpes Video and Terri Warren's book The Good News about the Bad News. All located under the heading Herpes at http://www.westoverheights.com/

abe648 responded:
I see that you have a lot of posts and I would recomond that you reply to this post so people can best answer all your questions. Do not start any new posts. You can reply to this post if you have any more questions.
Read more in the Herpes Handbook. Watch the Herpes Video and Terri Warren's book The Good News about the Bad News. All located under the heading Herpes at http://www.westoverheights.com/

cj102311 replied to abe648's response:
yes the bumps did have some kind of fluid in them and now they have disappeared. they never crusted over or anything. here are my test results... dont know if that helps any.

HSV I AB SPECIFIC IGG 0.03 index
HSV 2 AB SPECIFIC IGG 0.07 index

elle0317 replied to cj102311's response:
I'm curious as to why your Dr didn't swab your lesions for diagnosis. If this is a newly acquired infertion (less than 3 months) then a blood test would be useless. Your tests are negative, but than doesn't mean you are clear. As I stated, if the infection is new, the blood tests are useless. Wait 3 months from the last sexual encounter and get re-tested. Antibodies require 3 months to become detectable on a blood test.

Helpful Tips

Reducing OB and itching woth Loratadin
I have had terrible hayfever and used a fairly new over the counter drug called Loratadin (costs £1 per packet) and to my astonishment my ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.