Skip to content

Announcements

Useful Links!
Help Our Community Answer Your Questions Better By Including In Your Post: Gender, Have You Been Tested For An STD Yet?
Type Of STD Tests and Results? Any Medications To Control Your STD?

very upset
An_247859 posted:
When I was alot younger, and this has bothered me alot as I was with my ex-partner for 4 years when this happened, but I contracted ghonarrea and chlamydia, and was extremely distraught. He told me, and I got tested, and the medication completed, etc. we split the day he told me.
I am with my current partner who I have been with for 3 years now, and we are wanting to try for a child. I am worried that my history of 2 std's may have caused damage to my fertility.
Im worried that if I do see a doctor, that I will look like an idiot, I know GP's don't judge, but I just don't want to be turned away, and told I've nothing to worry about.
I got tested as soon as he told me, but as we had been together 4 years I trusted him enough to not bother getting checked, that may come across as stupid, and it has really knocked my confidence entirely in men.

georgiagail responded:
It is unlikely that either of these STD's left you infertile. The risk of this is relatively small.

If you are interested in trying for a child, then do so and only consider fertility testing (for the BOTH of you) if this does not happen after a year of trying.

Gail

Helpful Tips

What are the tests to be done for finding out Sexually transmitted diseases
Dear Sir I what to know, what are the tests are required to be done for finding out the sexually transmitted diseases? Kindly give reply. More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.