Skip to content

Announcements

Useful Links!
Help Our Community Answer Your Questions Better By Including In Your Post: Gender, Have You Been Tested For An STD Yet?
Type Of STD Tests and Results? Any Medications To Control Your STD?

HIV Symptoms within One Year
An_247867 posted:
About a year ago, during a massage session, in my moments of weakness, I received oral sex from the girl giving me a massage. At that time, I also happened to "Finger" her. I did not ejaculate in her mouth. I had a slight cuticle cut on my finger but not bleeding just exposed skin - like when one's cuticles are peeling. I do not know whether she was infected although she says that she was clean and that the hotel checked them regularly. But she left soon after and I am not sure. About one month after this exposure, I took an HIV test and tested negative. However, everyone tell me that the gestation can be six months to a year. It is one year later - I have not had a flu, fever, weight loss, rash or any of the classic symptoms of HIV infection. Just a cold once or twice - I work out four times a week and am otherwise quite healthy. I have had all my blood tests done recently (except HIV) and everything is fine. Based on this, what are the chances of my having contracted this disease?

georgiagail responded:
Zero.

Oral sex carries an extremely low risk of HIV transmission; think along the lines of .5 to 1 per 10,000 exposures with a source known to carry the virus.

Your risk would be less since you cannot confirm your partners status.

Fingering with a peeling cuticle is not a risk.

Gail

pataj replied to georgiagail's response:
Thanks Gail.... you have just lifted my spirits! May I also presume that considering that even the oral sex was not by ejaculating whilst insider her, the risk further reduces?

georgiagail replied to pataj's response:
You're concerned about a risk that is less than .5 to 1 per 10,000 exposures??

Gail

pataj replied to georgiagail's response:
The concern always remains! Kind of like a "What if".... but given all what you have said I feel better! Also, in the past year, ever since the incident, I have had none of the classical symptoms - just a slight cold once! Thanks a gain.

Helpful Tips

Std
Hello, i realy don't want to say my name but im shure you know who i am ,my problem is im a gay 41yr old man my ex boyfriend gave me an ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.