Skip to content

Announcements

Useful Links!
Help Our Community Answer Your Questions Better By Including In Your Post: Gender, Have You Been Tested For An STD Yet?
Type Of STD Tests and Results? Any Medications To Control Your STD?

Asymptomatic HSV in people with no prior antibodies?
An_247900 posted:
I am a man who was tested Feb 09 for HSV 1 and 2 and came back negative IgG for both. I read that individuals with no anti-bodies are less likely to be asymptomatic? I don't understand how I, with no previous exposure and no antibodies could have absolutely no symptoms: no itching, jock itch, bug bites, bumps, or rash, If I came in contact with either virus. I was with 5 white college age girls from Feb 09 to Feb 2010 that all said they were tested for "everything" before i slept with them, but I now wonder if everything included herpes. I have been in a relationship from Feb 2010 till now with a girl who is HSV negative, and am recently paranoid about the possibility of me secretly harboring a virus asymptomatically from 2 1/2 years ago and giving it to my girlfriend. I can't find anything online about asymptomatic infection in individuals who have no antibodies to either virus. Can somebody please help?

georgiagail responded:
Try accepting the fact that no antibodies means you are HSV 1 and 2 negative and quit worrying you're "secretly" infected with this virus.

Gail

elle0317 responded:
Negative means you don't have the virus.

Mateo1983 replied to georgiagail's response:
I am sorry i made it confusing...I was tested in Feb 2009 and was negative on both. I then slept with five girls AFTER i was tested. They all were short relationships and they all said they were 'tested for everything".... So wondering if one of these "tested" girls was not tested for HSV and could have given it to me, and I could be asymptomatic. I haven't seen these girls in two years, and I have had no symptoms.

I read people previously known to have no antibodies to either virus have it worse when they get it...So I was hoping that me getting it since the last time i was tested till now and having zero symptoms would be a small chance.

Thank you for your response.

georgiagail replied to Mateo1983's response:
If you remain concerned that any of these five girls may have carried this virus and passed it onto you, then get retested for such.

Having no symptoms or outbreaks is certainly no guarantee one isn't infected.

Gail

Helpful Tips

Be the first to post a Tip!

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.