Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Useful Links!
Help Our Community Answer Your Questions Better By Including In Your Post: Gender, Have You Been Tested For An STD Yet?
Type Of STD Tests and Results? Any Medications To Control Your STD?

am i in the high range or low for hsv? Should I hve the wb test done?
hotmess22 posted:
Hello I just went tot the doc friday and found out I am postive for hsv2!!!! here are my numbers they gave me HSV-2 IGG ANTIBODY2.00
I HAVE BEEN READING OVER AND OVER THAT THIS COULD BE A LOW NUMBER? i AM SO STRESSED OUT RIGHT NOW... SHOULD i HAVE THE WB TEST COMPLETED ON ME? I HAVE BEEN READING OVER AND OVER THAT THIS COULD BE A LOW NUMBER? i AM SO STRESSED OUT RIGHT NOW... SHOULD i HAVE THE WB TEST COMPLETED ON ME? HSV-2 IGG ANTIBODY2.00

Diamond2677 responded:
Omg I'm in the same situation as you I was told the same thing my number was hsv1 neg an hsv2 igg 1.52 , an was put on valtrex an was told to take it for a year an that's I lost 3 pounds since I been researching an found out that it a low result an it could be negative I called the place for the wb test (1-800-713-5198) they will send you a kit with what to do the cost is $ 160

Boomercat08 responded:
Did you go to a doctor or just purchase a kit from the web? You're either infected or not, I'm not aware of any "middle" ground. I wouldn't pay for any test like the other poster suggested. I would just wait and see if you have an outbreak, and immediately have that tested. That's the most effective way to diagnose. My Ex (who infected me) was doing those blood tests which gave him the same results as you (low rating) so he didn't bother to inform me because he thought that meant he may not be able to pass it on if he actually did have the virus. This is just not true. Take caution if you have sex, but the only thing to do is wait and see if you have an outbreak.

abe648 responded:
Wait 3 months and get a new igg for HSV 2 and then come back to this post and give us the new numbers so someone can assess your stattus. AT present you are a bit low and if you have it then in 3 months it shoued show with a positive result. That applies to the second poster as well.
Read more in the Herpes Handbook. Watch the Herpes Video and Terri Warren's book The Good News about the Bad News. All located under the heading Herpes at http://www.westoverheights.com/

Helpful Tips

How Can You Get Most Out This Community?
Hello members, Welcome to the STD community! Please feel free to post or join in any discussions on this community. Useful Tools WebMD ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 2 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.