Skip to content

Announcements

Useful Links!
Help Our Community Answer Your Questions Better By Including In Your Post: Gender, Have You Been Tested For An STD Yet?
Type Of STD Tests and Results? Any Medications To Control Your STD?

Living with Genital Herpes Type 2
KellyB1974 posted:
I was diagnosed with GHerpes type 2 approximately 3 years ago. My ex-husband had many affairs and this was my reward for being such a great wife!
I had a partner for over 10 years that had gotten from me before I was aware that I had it. So needless to say, I have felt safe and accepted for the past few years.
About 2 months ago, I have decided to split with my partner. I am now experiencing feelings of insecurity, shame, and embarrassment. I don't know how to accept this about me and I don't know how to even consider approaching dating.
Is there an online support group that I can join? Does anyone know?

abe648 responded:
nothing has really changed for you. You h ad a commitied relationship and you still can have that same relationsship with a new partner . You need to tell a new partner and it sounds like you are not that young and if you meet someone who is your age it is quite possible that they will understand and accept you for you and not what you have. See my signature line for more details and Terri Warren's book is helpful. The Video on her site is good too.

Just tell new partners and be able to explain it to them and do not feel ashamed. Do not make a big deal about it. Everyone comes into a relationshhip with baggage. There is someone who will love you unconditionally.

You are not alone. Just keep on asking questions about your doubts and we can help you through it all. Ask Questions. Go back pages and pages and read old posts and see how others got througth this all.
God Bless you.
Read more in the Herpes Handbook. Watch the Herpes Video and Terri Warren's book The Good News about the Bad News. All located under the heading Herpes at http://www.westoverheights.com/

kat111961 responded:
Kelly, after 20 yr's of marriage to my low life cheating husband, i too was rewarded w/ Type 2 Herpes !! I just found out that he was cheating w/ the biggest Tramp in town, but he denied that he has it, he said i must have had it for yr's, he has been my only partner for the 29 yrs we've been to-gether. This has devastated me, and our Marriage is OVER, i want a divorce, and sleep in a separate bedrm. Im so depressed about this, i know how you feel !!!

KellyB1974 replied to abe648's response:
Thank you! I've watched the video and that was fantastic. I had nno idea such a large percentage had it. That is how it happened to me. I had it for years and it was a sleeping virus. It's heartbreaking, honestly. Thank you again for the resources, I am certain they will be useful.

KellyB1974 replied to kat111961's response:
Kat,
I'm sorry you have had to experience this. Dealing with an affair is very difficult. I suppose I was blessed to have found out many years later about the herpes gift. I couldn't imagine having to deal with both at the same time.
Abe (above) offered a website with great resources that I suggest you take a look at. I've watched the video and I'm starting the guide. You can find these resources at http://www.westoverheights.com/ under the herpes heading. I am finding the information quite helpful.
Best wishes!
ps Have you considered a visit to a local church of your choice? I have recently started attending again. I can honestly say that when I need strength.....I've found it.
God bless!

abe648 replied to KellyB1974's response:
I like you got married and it was 10 years before I know I had it. We are still married and after many many years we are still together and she still does not have herpes. So do not think that just because you have herpes you will pass it on to someone else. Avoid sex if you have an ob and be on suppressive therapy. The other thing you need to know is that herpes needs heat and friction to be transmitted. So if you are a bit dry during intercourse then make sure that you have some lube to make sure that no friction will happen. You still may transmit it but then again you may not. Live love laugh & be intimate with a new partner that will accept you for you. God Bless you.

Click on the Tiger to read my story.
Read more in the Herpes Handbook. Watch the Herpes Video and Terri Warren's book The Good News about the Bad News. All located under the heading Herpes at http://www.westoverheights.com/

Helpful Tips

understanding
I'M A 44 YR OLD MOTHER WHO HAS BEEN MARRIED FOR ALMOST EIGHT YRS. MY HUSBAND IS CURRENTLY LOCKED UP AND I HAVEN'T BEEN WITH ANYBODY FOR 9 ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.