Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Useful Links!
Help Our Community Answer Your Questions Better By Including In Your Post: Gender, Have You Been Tested For An STD Yet?
Type Of STD Tests and Results? Any Medications To Control Your STD?

Thought had UTI, doc says gonorrhea, brown discharge
piratbyran posted:
Hi,

I thought I had a UTI (I'm an uncircumcised male in good health, 26 years old). My symptoms were :

-Swollen veins on the penis shaft, especially at the base (junction with pelvis) and right before the head of the penis, giving a "strangling" feel, also hurts a bit when pressed

-Inflammed lymphatic nodes

-Yellow-ish discharge

-Hurts a little bit when I start to pee, difficulty starting stream

-Male incontinence (few drops after I urinate)

I don't usually have any of these symptoms.

I tested for STDs/STIs about 3 months ago after dating the same girl for about 6 months. We then had unprotected sex for 1 month and then I left for business travel and have been travelling (no sex) for the last 2 months.

Now I went to see a doc today and he told me it was probably a urethritis, possibly gonorrhea or chlamydia. (Which is strange as I tested negative 3 months ago and continued dating the same girl, didn't have sex for the last 2 months...)

I took urine and blood tests, will have the results on Monday...

But for now, he gave me a gonorrhea shot and chlamydia pills.

Now I have a dark brown discharge instead of pale yellow and seem to be having all the previous symptoms.

Should I be worried about that change of color or would that indicate that something is working?

Clinic is closed until Monday so I can't ask my doc.

Helpful Tips

How Can You Get Most Out This Community?
Hello members, Welcome to the STD community! Please feel free to post or join in any discussions on this community. Useful Tools WebMD ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 2 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.