Skip to content

Announcements

Useful Links!
Help Our Community Answer Your Questions Better By Including In Your Post: Gender, Have You Been Tested For An STD Yet?
Type Of STD Tests and Results? Any Medications To Control Your STD?

Male Perspective: HSV-2
godhatesfreaks posted:
I read these posts...
A lot of them are from females and my heart goes out. I've been scouring the net for answers, everything from symptoms to confrontation tips; the latter being forlorn: mostly "tell mr. a-hole to..."
I got HSV-2 from a girl who will not acknowledge it but , in a way, has 'admited' to having it. I had my first OB in '07. I thought I got bit by a brown reclouse spyder above my d---. Ha...
She said "I can't even look at that, go away" etc, and wouldn't tell me why her last BF left her crying and peeling wheels in the driveway. Call me Sherlock Holmes cause I got the clues together(THANKS FB).
I did confront her. she got maried, so my intial question was 'did you have blood test b4?'. I told her my diagnosis and she pretty much just lied thro the teeth and acted stupid.
In short: I hate this B. My life is ruined. My skin crawls off my body, then bubbles off only to heal in disfigurement. The stinging itch... I've never been so aware of how the skin is an organ.
BY THE WAY, and most importantly: THIS WAS THE 3RD GIRL I SLEPT WITH. I work at a bar and watch these fools hook up and bang randoms- get away with murder- completely unprotected and never seem to recieve any consequence and it just kills me. Then they can't understand why I'm not doing the same. "Oh hey girl, what up? ...by the way..., I'M THE ONE IN THREE THAT HAS THE HERP."

Take the Poll

A Girl Gave Me Herpes/ HSV-2
  • What are HSV-2 Symptoms?
  • How do I confront someone who gave me HSV-2?
  • HSV-2
  • Male HSV-2 / Genital Herpes Symptoms
  • HSV-2 / Genital Herpes
vote
View Poll Results

abe648 responded:
Your life can go on even with HSV 2 and you can live love and laugh and be intimate again.

Let the girl go in your mind the one that gave you herpes. There is nothing you can do about it and if she will not accept that she has herpes and denies it then there is nothing you can do about it.

You need to move on and get on with your life. There is someone who will love you even if you have herpes. You need to tell any new partner of your HSV 2 status and do not make a big deal of it. 1 in four women and 1 in 5 men have HSV 2 so it is really common. Get on with life and look at the Herpes Handbook etc as noted in my signature line below. God Bless you as you move forward with your life.

You can see my story if you click on the Tiger
Read more in the Herpes Handbook. Watch the Herpes Video and Terri Warren's book The Good News about the Bad News. All located under the heading Herpes at http://www.westoverheights.com/

godhatesfreaks replied to abe648's response:
Hey thanks for taking the time to respond. I was was really pissed off when I wrote that. I was going through such a stressful time I was breaking out twice a week, and man it sucked.Things have calmed down a bit, and I'm not wanting to rip off my skin. I never realize stress was such a big factor in out breaks.

abe648 replied to godhatesfreaks's response:
Your Welcome . Ask any other questions or concerns that you may have so we can help you further. Theer is noquestion to personal to ask. If you do not ask you will not know. So ask so we can help you.Your life will go on and things will improve. If you get obs then make sure that things are dry down yonder and you can use corn starch which if applied will keep you dry and the drier it down yonder the better you will feel. The drier it is down yonder the less obs hopefully you will have.
Read more in the Herpes Handbook. Watch the Herpes Video and Terri Warren's book The Good News about the Bad News. All located under the heading Herpes at http://www.westoverheights.com/

Helpful Tips

How to Live With an STD
1. Be yourself, and be patient. No matter what situation it is you are going through, and don't ever let anyone make you feel bad about ... More
Was this Helpful?
32 of 39 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.