Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Useful Links!
Help Our Community Answer Your Questions Better By Including In Your Post: Gender, Have You Been Tested For An STD Yet?
Type Of STD Tests and Results? Any Medications To Control Your STD?

hi everybody
nesselove posted:
am a 23 yr old female and i was diagnosed with hsv type 2.. this actually goes back a little bit.. im going to say about a year ago a bump appeared on my skin right where my pantie lines is at but i never paid no mind i just thought it was a hair bump of some sort because it didnt hurt or nothing. sometimes i did question myself cuz it never went away but it never bothered me either so i didnt do anything bout it...so here i am now and about two weeks ago i started talking to this guy we hit if off so we ended up hooking up that same night.. note i am a very sexually active girl...when we first started having sex we didnt use a condom but then afterward we did i know dumb but i guess wen ur in the heat of the moment u really dont think. so then the next few days went by and i started to feel itching burning and a bump that was really sore on the top of my vagina and everytime i touched it really hurt..and the only thought i was having was maybe its just a bad infection so i went to walmart and bought some wipes and cream..so a few more days went by and it was getting worse i ended up making me appointment for that following week..so i had time to look the symptoms that i was having and it was pointing toward herpes simplex virus..and yes i broke down in tears but i wasnt in shock because knowing my back ground im lucky i dont have aids...not joking either.. so i went to the doc and she just made it more real that i did have it so of course i balled even more.. its been about 2 weeks and finally my ob is clearing up and im soooo happy or now...everyday is a battle for me now i have so many emotions and worries that i think about.. im so afraid of the worst like being lonely.. the most devasting thing for me is i want children but i cant get over my fear of telling my furture partner i have this disease..well thank u for reading my story and i do feel better that im not alone and all of us can relate to eachothers stories.. so please comment i need some advice on how to be more accepting much love

Helpful Tips

How Can You Get Most Out This Community?
Hello members, Welcome to the STD community! Please feel free to post or join in any discussions on this community. Useful Tools WebMD ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 3 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.