Skip to content

Announcements

Useful Links!
Help Our Community Answer Your Questions Better By Including In Your Post: Gender, Have You Been Tested For An STD Yet?
Type Of STD Tests and Results? Any Medications To Control Your STD?

after first outbreak
An_248045 posted:
Hello to everyone. Can anyone help me? I am a 45yr old female who just had her first outbreak of HSV 2. I had sex with someone who was infected and I believe he knew and just did not care and passed it on to me. This outbreak lasted 2wks and I had all the classic symptons, fever swollan glands, body aches,blisters and all the pain that goes along with them. On top of of the outbreak I had my period so I was told by the doctor's office that I couldn't be seen until I finished my cycle. (which I later found out was wrong info). So I wasn't able to get any meds until my 5th day into the outbreak. Then on top of the herpes I had vaginal strep and bacterial vaginosous. Was put on antibiotics and then developed a yeast infection! It has been a rough 3weeks. Can anyone tell me what to expect from now on. I have been all over the internet gathering as much info as possible. I know that each person's body deals with the virus differently. I have a fear of the unknown. I am a healthy person. Workout on a regular basis. Very rarely get a cold. Will being healthy help to slow down the outbreaks? And how long will the next ones last? How painful? My doctor has not put me on supressive meds. She wants to see how my body deals with the virus. Today I have had tingling and pings all over my body and I wonder if I might be getting another outbreak or am I just playing mind games with myself. Any words of advice would be greatly appreiciated. thx

abe648 responded:
Each person is different and the only way you wil find out how yo will react is to go through a next Ob. Do ask for suppressive thearp if that is what you want. I find some times that I will get tingling and it lasts 20 - 30 minrtes and then goes away. The only way you will know what is hapingi is to learn from each feeling to know when it is just some tingling or if it is an ob. Read the herpes Handbook and watch the Video as noted in my sigmature line. If you cannot get suppressive therapy from your Doc Then at least get a R/x for an ob that you can have ready to take as soon as you get an ob to keep things under control. Hope all goes well with you. God Bless you.
Read more in the Herpes Handbook. Watch the Herpes Video and Terri Warren's book The Good News about the Bad News. All located under the heading Herpes at http://www.westoverheights.com/

dmr1967 replied to abe648's response:
Thank you so much for your reply.

abe648 replied to dmr1967's response:
You are welcome. Ask any further questions so we can help you further.
Read more in the Herpes Handbook. Watch the Herpes Video and Terri Warren's book The Good News about the Bad News. All located under the heading Herpes at http://www.westoverheights.com/

Helpful Tips

understanding
I'M A 44 YR OLD MOTHER WHO HAS BEEN MARRIED FOR ALMOST EIGHT YRS. MY HUSBAND IS CURRENTLY LOCKED UP AND I HAVEN'T BEEN WITH ANYBODY FOR 9 ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 2 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.