Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Useful Links!
Help Our Community Answer Your Questions Better By Including In Your Post: Gender, Have You Been Tested For An STD Yet?
Type Of STD Tests and Results? Any Medications To Control Your STD?

Herpes, HSV1 on Middle Back?
An_248046 posted:
I am a 40 year old male who was recently diagnosed with Herpes HSV1, via an IGG blood test. It's my understanding this antibody test establishes that I was exposed to the virus at some point at least 3-4 months ago. I have had only one partner during that time.

My current partner contracted a primary genital outbreak of HSV1, which prompted my test. I have never had an outbreak.

Since it's most likely I passed the virus to her via oral/genital sex, I am of course concerned about where I contracted it. My previous partner was prone to recurrent outbreaks of a rash/blisters in the center of her back. When they first appeared, I helped her drain the blisters and apply anti-itch crème to help the symptoms. She eventually went to the doctor after they re-appeared several more times and was told they were "fever blisters".

Is it possible this was HSV1? She was given acyclovir to help with the symptoms, but I am unsure what testing, if any, they did at the time she went to the doctor.

elle0317 responded:
HSV1 is typlically oral herpes or more commonly known as 'cold sores'. Have you ever had a cold sore? The test confirms you have it, it does not indicate how long you've had it, nor where it is located.

Helpful Tips

What are the tests to be done for finding out Sexually transmitted diseases
Dear Sir I what to know, what are the tests are required to be done for finding out the sexually transmitted diseases? Kindly give reply. More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.