Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Useful Links!
Help Our Community Answer Your Questions Better By Including In Your Post: Gender, Have You Been Tested For An STD Yet?
Type Of STD Tests and Results? Any Medications To Control Your STD?

Think my friend's BF is lying about cheating...
lilcrumb033 posted:
My friend contracted gonorrhea from her boyfriend. Assuming he was cheating she confronted him about it and he claimed he didn't cheat. He claimed that He's had it for 7 years. I've heard that it can be asymptomatic, but this sounds like a bold-faced lie. But is this a possibility?

Also I suspect him of lying because of his past in cheating and among other things.

Take the Poll

Is he lying?
  • Yes
  • No
vote
View Poll Results

georgiagail responded:
How long has your friend been having unprotected intercourse with said boyfriend?

Gail

lilcrumb033 replied to georgiagail's response:
Over 2 years. Think it's been about 3 now.

georgiagail replied to lilcrumb033's response:
It would be highly unusual to have unprotected intercourse with someone who carries this STD for three years and not become infected before this.

Besides it is also unlikely this boyfriend would have had gonorrhea for 7 years and not had this treated.

He may have become infected recently and thus passed it on to his girlfriend.

Gail

lilcrumb033 replied to georgiagail's response:
That's what I thought as well. I'm scared for her of course. HATE when people cheat. Doesn't feel good. I want him GONE. Ty for your input it was very helpful. <3

Helpful Tips

How Can You Get Most Out This Community?
Hello members, Welcome to the STD community! Please feel free to post or join in any discussions on this community. Useful Tools WebMD ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 3 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.