Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Useful Links!
Help Our Community Answer Your Questions Better By Including In Your Post: Gender, Have You Been Tested For An STD Yet?
Type Of STD Tests and Results? Any Medications To Control Your STD?

I cant believe this is happening to me!!!
An_248173 posted:
Im so distraught, I feel soooo dirty and confussed. I havent had sex in almost 3yrs!! I am not permiscuous and I just got diagnosed with genital herpes dnt know what type yet. but I feel sooooooooo suicidal!! How can this happen to me?!?!??! Im still saying its just a boyle.
All I do is pray and hold my tears when my kid is around... Im sooo confussed!! How am I suppose to explain this to my Man when I dnt even know myself?!?! He's getting out of prison soon, and Im more afraid of LOOSING HIM then anything. Like I said " I havent been with anyone in almost 3yrs! So how is this possible!??!?!?!??!
I get cold sores nxt to my mouth, but thats when i get stressed out.
but thats as far as its gotten.
I just feel suicide is the best answer for me. I dnt think living dirty would be for me...=( Or my MAN leaving me, for sumthing I cant understand.... sumone plz help me understand.

georgiagail responded:
No offense but if you're dating someone who is in prison and you're thinking of killing yourself over a diagnosis of HSV, you need more professional mental help than this Internet board can provide.

Would you think of suicide simply because you develop cold sores around your mouth? Doubtful. This is simply another place on your body where outbreaks can occur.

Gail

elle0317 responded:
How did they test you for genital herpes?

The only difference between genital herpes and oral herpes (cold sores) is the location on your body. It's not a fatal disease and I can't believe that you are willing to leave your child without a mother because of this skin condition. You could have had this for years prior to your b/f or he could have given it to you! FYI: I hope he plans on getting tested for everything once he's out before you sleep with him. He needs to be tested for HSV 2, if he has it then you have no worries.

Helpful Tips

Reducing OB and itching woth Loratadin
I have had terrible hayfever and used a fairly new over the counter drug called Loratadin (costs £1 per packet) and to my astonishment my ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.