Skip to content

Announcements

Useful Links!
Help Our Community Answer Your Questions Better By Including In Your Post: Gender, Have You Been Tested For An STD Yet?
Type Of STD Tests and Results? Any Medications To Control Your STD?

herpes
An_248190 posted:
hello i am 49 yrs old and was just diagnosed with herpes, I dont understand, how, cause i have been in a 21 yr marriage, and have been separated for the last 6 months, i found someone and had sex one time and it was safe sex. I am totally scared, and confused, if anyone is willing to talk, please do so.

abe648 responded:
How were you diagnosed as haveing herpes? Do you know if it is HSV2 or HSV 1 genitally? Has anyone given you oral sex recently? If so it could be HsV 1 genitally.

If it is HSV 2 and you do not think that you got it from your most recent partner then you have had this for years and just now had your first ob. If you had a blood teest to confirm your status then ask for a copy of the numeric test results and post them on here. so someone can confirm your status.

You could have had this for years and just now had a first ob. You would not be the first to have been in a comitted relationship for many many years and suddently gotten your furst ob. Many poeple have been married for many years and suddently get an ob. That could be 10, 20 or 30 years or more.
Read more in the Herpes Handbook. Watch the Herpes Video and Terri Warren's book The Good News about the Bad News. All located under the heading Herpes at http://www.westoverheights.com/

Helpful Tips

Be the first to post a Tip!

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.