Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Useful Links!
Help Our Community Answer Your Questions Better By Including In Your Post: Gender, Have You Been Tested For An STD Yet?
Type Of STD Tests and Results? Any Medications To Control Your STD?

afraid
samllwonders posted:
was a 20 year old virgin in jan. by june i found out i have herpes. i am oone of those people who never cry and handles most situations really well but now all i want t do is cry all the time and thats just not me i was a very happy and bubbley person. i know the guy who gave it to me and he didn't know he had it either (or atleast thats what he keeps telling me) but i still can't help but resent him. I love him but i dont know if i'm staying with him be i feel like nobody else would want me or i really want to be with him. i feel like without him i will live a very lonely like, because i couldn't and wouldn't share my secret with anybody else or give this to anyone and ruin there life like mine is now. my mom is being very supportive but i still feel like she's kinda disapointed inn me.

elle0317 responded:
How were you diagnosed? And did they tell you which type you had? HSV1 or 2

Approx 45 million people in the US have herpes, so you are definitely not alone! I know it can be over whelming at first, and it can easily take over your life if you let it. It's a pesky skin condition and nothing more, it's not like it's fatal. So try not to let this define you or ruin your young life.

justagirl8 responded:
I was just diagnosed today. I am similar in the manner of not crying and keeping my composure. I cried like a little baby today, the nurse hugged me. I then gathered myself, took a drive and made a phone call to someone my mom knows that also has genital HSV. It was helpful. I realized, it is not a death sentence. Remember it could be worse, you were not sitting there and told, "you have 6 months to live." From what I understand 1 in 5 people have Genital herpes. People lead normal lives. Stay positive, it is great for the mind, a healthy mind helps.

rawrules replied to justagirl8's response:
I also was recently diagnosed. My husband of 9 years brought it home to me. I also was more relieved that it wasn't HIV instead. Life will go on. I would like to get married again some day and not sure how to approach the dating scene with it.

Helpful Tips

Be the first to post a Tip!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.