Skip to content

Announcements

Useful Links!
Help Our Community Answer Your Questions Better By Including In Your Post: Gender, Have You Been Tested For An STD Yet?
Type Of STD Tests and Results? Any Medications To Control Your STD?

HSV?
An_248236 posted:
Hello,

I recently scratched my labia while trying to trim my hair. There was no bleeding, but a few hours later it was itchy and a small pea sized bump developed under the skin. The next day my lymph nodes in my groin were swollen. I was worried that it might be a staph infection, because I have had one before, but it never developed like the last one I had. The swelling went down and the lymph nodes are no longer swollen or painful. There was some discharge, but no blisters, just redness. It did not spread and was contained to the area that I scratched. I went to my doctor and he said it was herpes. He took a swab and said "even if this is negative, it is still herpes". Obviously, I was shocked because I was thinking that this was a bacterial infection. I'm just not seeing the connection between scratching myself and herpes. I am still waiting for the results, but if it is negative, I am planning on going to a new doctor and getting a second opinion. Does anyone else have difficulty seeing the connection? Thoughts are appreciated.

abe648 responded:
Let us know what the Swb test results are. Then we can give you more direction at that time once we know that that says.
Read more in the Herpes Handbook. Watch the Herpes Video and Terri Warren's book The Good News about the Bad News. All located under the heading Herpes at http://www.westoverheights.com/

Helpful Tips

How to Live With an STD
1. Be yourself, and be patient. No matter what situation it is you are going through, and don't ever let anyone make you feel bad about ... More
Was this Helpful?
32 of 39 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.