Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Useful Links!
Help Our Community Answer Your Questions Better By Including In Your Post: Gender, Have You Been Tested For An STD Yet?
Type Of STD Tests and Results? Any Medications To Control Your STD?

outbreak or infection? both???
dumbMove22 posted:
started to get itchy yesterday and didn't think much of it cause i have my period and figured that was causing the itching. last night it started getting worse while i was working out. but it started getting worse after i changed my tampon. so the story about changing my tampon... half way thru the workout i had to change my tampon. while changing it, i dropped the new applicator in the toilet. i picked it up, panicked, wiped it off and put it in. i figured it was just the applicator and it wouldnt be a big deal. shortly after the itching got a bit worse but i figured that was from working out.

i woke up today and had almost constant burning/twinge/itching/pain down there. i thought it was an ob since i have hsv down there. i havent had an ob for a long time so i thought thats what it was. i was just about to call in my prescription when it got worse and then i thought i may have an infection from my dumb move last night. so i went into the doc. they didnt do a smear since i have my period and they didnt think the results would be readable. doc gave me an antiobiotic for 3 days and then a medication for yeast infection.

i obviously just started the medication but im still not sure if i have an ob. with all this medicine is it ok to take acyclovir as well??? should i wait and ride out the antibiotic for 3 days? is 3 days enough to kill the infection (if i have one)? am i going to be ok???

abe648 responded:
This is something that you need to talk to your Doc about. Give the nurse a call and ask if it is ok to take the Valtrex/valacyclovir? She should be able to answer that for you and if not she can ask the Doc and get back to you.
Read more in the Herpes Handbook. Watch the Herpes Video and Terri Warren's book The Good News about the Bad News. All located under the heading Herpes at http://www.westoverheights.com/

Helpful Tips

How to Live With an STD
1. Be yourself, and be patient. No matter what situation it is you are going through, and don't ever let anyone make you feel bad about ... More
Was this Helpful?
32 of 39 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.