Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Useful Links!
Help Our Community Answer Your Questions Better By Including In Your Post: Gender, Have You Been Tested For An STD Yet?
Type Of STD Tests and Results? Any Medications To Control Your STD?

HPV/ Cervical Cancer
Crysl83 posted:
Hi, I have a question about HPV and its connection to cervical cancer. Is there a possibility that HPV can cause cervical cancer and yet when tested for not show up? I know there is no cure for HPV but since it is a virus is it possible for it cause the cells on the cervix to become abnormal and then 'go away', and yet have cervical cancer develop later on from it? Also if a woman has cervical cancer and a person asks how she developed it and her response is it is in her genes is that possible? Or is it something hereditary that causes cancer is passed on but not the cancer itself? I am very concerned because I have an extremely promiscuous relative who has cervical cancer and her answer is it is in her genes. She is also the type of person that would not tell a guy if she had anything she could transmit, her response if something happened would be to play dumb and say," Oops, I didn't know." If she has a possibility of transmitting anything to others I would like to be able to make her aware of it in black and white so she cannot say she didn't know. Obviously the whole being promiscuous would imply she is likely to get many other things but those she would never admit to, the cancer she admits to because she uses it to generate sympathy. I have tried "google-ing it" for the answer to my questions but there is just so much to filter through it would be easier to just ask someone who might know the answers. Thank you.

Helpful Tips

Be the first to post a Tip!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.