Skip to content

Announcements

Useful Links!
Help Our Community Answer Your Questions Better By Including In Your Post: Gender, Have You Been Tested For An STD Yet?
Type Of STD Tests and Results? Any Medications To Control Your STD?

Really concerned about stds, please help!
An_248290 posted:
Hi, I had my only and first sexual encounter about 6 months ago with a CSW in DR. She performed protected oral on me. We had a very brief vaginal also protected. Less than 2-3 minutes. I was worried about stds even b4 bit still went on with it. Right after the encounter I developed frequent urination the same day. And got really worried that I caught something. I supposedly had every std symtom but I don't know if it was me making up symtoms from googling. First I was worried about scabies, went to derm he said I was being paranoid and I was fine. Then I had supposed white tongue, neck pain, back pain, armpit pain, groin pain, swollen glands. I went to an MD but he said he didn't see anything. Glands were fine and they were not swollen. He told me to test and bring back negative results. I went to test and got tested at 8.5 weeks for chlamydia, gonorrhea, and HIV. ALL negative. The clinician examined my genital area and saw nothing abnormal. She told me herpes testing would be after 4 months and if I wanted to test for syphillis that would be after 3 months.

I have not really seen any genital blisters, I have been examining my pretty closely. I do have occasional tingling/itching. Don't know if its because i have been focusing on it too much or it's actually itching. I saw an internist a couple of week ago. He said it seems like anxiety. For the past week I experience some itching. Now I do have a little pain in my calves and knees. Haven't seem any blisters or lesions. I am kind of going crazy over this as I am really obsessed with googling herpes right now. I have convinced myself I have it even though I know that my exposure was low risk according to a couple of doctors I saw and spoke to on online forums. Please help and guide me. What do you think of my risk? And please advise something if u can.

Thanks

Helpful Tips

Be the first to post a Tip!

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.