Skip to content

Announcements

Useful Links!
Help Our Community Answer Your Questions Better By Including In Your Post: Gender, Have You Been Tested For An STD Yet?
Type Of STD Tests and Results? Any Medications To Control Your STD?

Herpes HSV 1 &2
Wannaknow1 posted:
I have been having unprotected sex with my partner for over a month and the person has herpes HSV 1 and 2 does it mean I have it?

An_248296 responded:
I'm no expert but you may or you may not. If the person you've been with doesn't get outbreaks very frequently you may be okay. Especially if you haven't noticed any symptoms this is a good sign (but still not a guarantee).Obviously you should start using protection right away! Seriously not worth the risk.

You can also get tested however if you've just contracted it recently it may not show up in a test. Probably a good idea to do some research online about the incubation period before it will show up on a test. Good luck and seriously please think about using protection...

abe648 responded:
You really need to get educated on what herpes is and how it is transmitted. Look at my signature line and there is lots of helpful info. If you are going to stay with this guy then you know all you can about herpes and how to protect your self. I would really recommend that you get Terri Warrens Book

And until you know the risks I do agree with the other poster that you use a condom till you are fully educated.
Read more in the Herpes Handbook. Watch the Herpes Video and Terri Warren's book The Good News about the Bad News. All located under the heading Herpes at http://www.westoverheights.com/

Helpful Tips

genital warts remedy?
had the genital wart problem before but i'm free from it now (still use protection, though because HPV is there forever). so anyway, i ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 2 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.