Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Useful Links!
Help Our Community Answer Your Questions Better By Including In Your Post: Gender, Have You Been Tested For An STD Yet?
Type Of STD Tests and Results? Any Medications To Control Your STD?

Penile yeast infection... >_
An_248312 posted:
So I had unprotected sex with my new girlfriend for the first time. We had both taken full panel STD tests prior and got the docs all clear ahead of time. Shortly after commencing, I began to suspect she had a yest infection. She had been changing birth controls at the time and low and behold the very next morning the head of my hammer was red, itchy, inside and out but mostly near where the head meets the foreskin. I used some anti fungal cream I had on hand and it went away in a couple days so I stopped using the cream. Every once in a wile after that I'd get a tiny itch but it seemed to be resolved. A couple weeks later it came back, worse this time. Really itchy, really soar on the head and itchy all around my jock area. I used a one week yeast infection treatment and miconozole powder. The head got dry and flaky and and in exactly one week it was gone, but (you guessed it). It came back a couple weeks later. This time I go to the Dr. He does some tests and gives me an oral anti fungal which made the rash disappear and made it feel like 95% better over night, but it was still a little bit sore for a wile.[br>[br>Now, like a month after that treatment I'm starting to be sexually active again but for sh** sake, it's getting sore again! There's still a little redness around the base of my head near the foreskin and when erect there are some tiny reddish spots. There's more of a dull pain coming from my head, than an itch but... IDK I guess I'm just hoping someone can reassure me that this is in fact a yeast infection or something equally treatable and that it will in fact go away...

Take the Poll

Will my junk ever be the same again?
  • yeah it's just a bad yeast infection
  • yeah but it might be something other than a yeast infection
  • yeah but you might have diabetes and a yeast infection
  • Nope. Sounds more like leprosy
  • I don't know. I'm no doctor.
vote
View Poll Results

Helpful Tips

How Can You Get Most Out This Community?
Hello members, Welcome to the STD community! Please feel free to post or join in any discussions on this community. Useful Tools WebMD ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 2 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.