Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Useful Links!
Help Our Community Answer Your Questions Better By Including In Your Post: Gender, Have You Been Tested For An STD Yet?
Type Of STD Tests and Results? Any Medications To Control Your STD?

HSV2
Lily32 posted:
I just found out that I have HSV2 my test came back positive. My level was 2.51, I've told my husband that I just tested positive. He is asking me how did I get it because he is clean n I haven't been with anyone. Is there any other way that I could have gotten it? I'm scared that I will pass it to my children. Can I pass it to them through sharing a drink or food? What about sharing the same soap or towel? I don't know what I'm suppose to do now. I feel like I have this disease and can't even find out how I got it. I found out that you can't even pin point when more or less I was infected! I'm so scared I don't know how to deal or handle this!!!!

abe648 responded:
You could have had this from before you were marraied. Have your husband get a type specific igg blood test to see what his status is. Post his results on here so we can help confirm his staus. You cannot pass this to your clhilderen as you would not have sexual contact with them.

You will not pass it viia sharing a drink etc. See my signature :ine
Read more in the Herpes Handbook. Watch the Herpes Video and Terri Warren's book The Good News about the Bad News. All located under the heading Herpes at http://www.westoverheights.com/

Lily32 replied to abe648's response:
He hasn't gotten tested, he does know that I tested positive. I have bn married to this man for 17 years I've bn with him since I was 15......he says that is a mistake in the exam because I have pimples on my butt not blisters.... Can it spread all over my body I've bn scratching my leg n my youngest son sometimes comes to sleep with me when he can't sleep, n he sweats a lot when he sleeps if his leg is on top of my leg where I was scratching can he get it? I'm so terrified of spreading it to my children me and my children are so close I shared everything with them and when I found out I haven't shared anything with them I'm even scared to let my youngest sleep in the same bed with us....

Lily32 replied to Lily32's response:
Does it spread around ur body like I have a pimple on my arm,back,legs,pubic area, neck....n my face has bn breaking out but is it possible to have a false positive? Can hsv2 give you out breaks every where?

nevar replied to Lily32's response:
Your husband could have the virus too and just not know it. He should be tested as well. If either of you had previous sexual partners, you could have gotten the virus from them and just not known it.

It is possible to get genital HV1 from oral sex as well. That doesnt apply here since you say you have HV2.

If the blisters on your legs are herpes and not pimples you can transmit the virus from contact. You can also transfer the virus to different parts of your body from contact as well which is why its important to wash your hands very well after you have touched the area effected with herpes.

Its highly unlikely that you have transfered the virus to that many parts of your own body. I wouldnt let the kids sleep with you until the doctor can tell you if the bumps on your legs are pimples or herpes blisters.

Always be sure to properly wash your hands after touching an area of your body effected with herpes.

Stress is a huge trigger for herpes outbreaks. Try to reduce your stress. The internet is a huge source of information on the virus. Educate yourself and then take the proper precautions. This will reduce your stress over the virus and help you manage the virus.

Lily32 replied to nevar's response:
Ok thank u so much for taking time out to help me out I appreciate it. I will let my husband know. Thanks

abe648 replied to Lily32's response:
The chances of spreading it to other parts of your body is not to likely. I think like the last poster said that you are stressing.

I had HSV 2 from before I got married and it was 10 years before what I thought was my initial ob. Some people go 20-30 years and suddenly have an ob and they have been faithful to there spouse. So you just found out now with this ob.

The area of where the HSV 2 lives is from the waist to the thigh area. So it could be anywhere in that area. The thing you need to know is that for HSV 2 to transmit you must either be shedding or have an ob and you also need heat and friction to spread the ob. Yes you could spread it with out heat and friction but heat and friction will transmit it more easily.

Did you or your husband have partners before you married? Your husband should get a type specific igg blood test to know his status. Ask him to get a copy of his blood test numeric values and post them on here so we can help you confirm his status.
Read more in the Herpes Handbook. Watch the Herpes Video and Terri Warren's book The Good News about the Bad News. All located under the heading Herpes at http://www.westoverheights.com/

betsyo1967 responded:
your hsv2 igg is a low positive and will need confirmed with additional confirmatory testing. since you haven't had obvious symptoms to culture, a herpes WB blood test is recommended to see if this is a true positive or not.

your partner also needs tested to know his status too.

we call genital herpes a sexually transmitted infection for a reason - it takes that sort of naked and intimate contact to transmit it - never the sort of contact we have with our children!
Talking about std testing is NORMAL and something we all should be doing EVERY TIME before we have sex with a new partner :)

Lily32 replied to betsyo1967's response:
Thank you so much I went for a second opinion. She took a look at what my bumps were and she told me that there is no way herpes.... I explained to her that the medication the doctor put me on was making me really sick and I have been breaking out more with it, she took me off the medication and told me that she will re-test me in a couple of months....she said that it looks like a skin allergy to something she asked me to change my detergent n soap to c if it helps... I want to thank all of you's for taking time out to help me I really appreciate it...

Helpful Tips

How Can You Get Most Out This Community?
Hello members, Welcome to the STD community! Please feel free to post or join in any discussions on this community. Useful Tools WebMD ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 3 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.