Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Useful Links!
Help Our Community Answer Your Questions Better By Including In Your Post: Gender, Have You Been Tested For An STD Yet?
Type Of STD Tests and Results? Any Medications To Control Your STD?

HSV 1 Confusion
An_248236 posted:
I was recently diagnosed with HSV 1 on my genitals. I have been faithful to my husband and he swears that he has as well. We have a strong marriage and I have no reason to believe that he is lying. Neither of us has ever had an ob, although a number of my immediate family members has had cold sores. Is it possible that either one of us has had this and never have known? My siblings and I have been known to share water bottles, chapstick, etc. I wouldn't doubt that I had it and didnt know. My first outbreak was very mild. Only one sore, no fever, no flu like symptoms, and was healed within the week. My doctor said that this is a sign that I have had the virus before and that my body has faught this infection. Just wondering what others thought. I'm in a very strange position at the moment of trusting my husband but still not understanding how I got this.

abe648 responded:
YOu could have had it an never known you had it and just now had your first ob. Or your husband could have HsV 1 and gave it to you just now. It is not a big deal. If either of you have had other partners before you married then also get a Igg blood test for HSv 2 to see if either of you have it. Also it would be bood for him to get the same test for HSB 1 to se if he has it as well. For more info see my signature line to learn more.
Read more in the Herpes Handbook. Watch the Herpes Video and Terri Warren's book The Good News about the Bad News. All located under the heading Herpes at http://www.westoverheights.com/

Helpful Tips

Be the first to post a Tip!

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.