Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Useful Links!
Help Our Community Answer Your Questions Better By Including In Your Post: Gender, Have You Been Tested For An STD Yet?
Type Of STD Tests and Results? Any Medications To Control Your STD?

plz help
An_248448 posted:
Ok so in july I had unprotected sex with my partner twice, we have been together for two years and then I found out that he cheated and the relationship ended. About three weeks after I started to feel pain in my lower level almost like bad cramps, it didnt last long actually maybe for 15 mins to 30mins. Than later on the week i started having white Vag discharge and it kind of ich ,I went to the dr and they gave me azithromycin. The iching went away and most of the discharge. But now i have a dry cough it is not constant just random, my throat does not burn or anything, I dont have a fever or anything, I am losing weight but the only thing about that is that I have been dieting for a while. I still am having a little white discharge and dry cough, I am scared that I may have HIV.... Should I be worried??.. I have a dr appointment on monday and I was wondering if I should ask for a HIV test.... plz respond im very scared. =(

nevar responded:
You should have an STD screen done since you had unprotected sex. Always practice safe sex.

georgiagail responded:
Neither a white discharge nor a dry cough are symptoms of HIV.

Gail

soulful_Tran replied to nevar's response:
I had a STD test done it came back clean but the dr gave me azithromycin for bacteria infection. This was my first time having unprotected sex and last time have unprotected sex. Thanks for the reply

soulful_Tran replied to georgiagail's response:
Thank you for replying, the reason why I begin to think HIV was because i took a symptoms test online an it came back as HIV or chlamydia, but since i had an std test done an it came back clean , I started thinkng HIV

georgiagail replied to soulful_Tran's response:
It's often not a good idea to take these online symptoms tests. They often are not very useful.

Gail

soulful_Tran replied to georgiagail's response:
Thank you for the help

abe648 replied to soulful_Tran's response:
If you want to get a HIV test done it should be 90 days after your last sexual exposure for best results from the testing. AS Gail said the symptoms you are having do not sound like an STI but testing is the best way to confirm your status.
Read more in the Herpes Handbook. Watch the Herpes Video and Terri Warren's book The Good News about the Bad News. All located under the heading Herpes at http://www.westoverheights.com/

soulful_Tran responded:
I have also noticed what looks like white cells in my pee, does that mean anything ? , I get tested tomorrow my monday appointment was changed

Helpful Tips

How Can You Get Most Out This Community?
Hello members, Welcome to the STD community! Please feel free to post or join in any discussions on this community. Useful Tools WebMD ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 2 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.