Repost: I really need info on herpes type 1, please!
StacyVaughn posted:
If you already had genital herpes type 1 (no longer having break outs) and your partner gets cold sores when stressed out, could him giving you oral sex cause him to get a cold sore on his lip after wards? Even if neither of you have been experiencing symptoms, or have any open cuts or whatever.

And I read with type one genitally, you are expected to have one to two break outs the first year you get it. If you have already had those two breakouts and haven't had any issues with it for a year, is it normal/possible to have another break out? Could it be mild enough that its easy to go unnoticed? It there a certain amount of time before/after an out break that you are contagious? Any info on it helps, I've had a hard time finding any info on type 1 genitally. Thanks!

abe648 responded:
There is not a lot of info on HSV 1 genitally. I will tell you what I have learned on this site. If both of you have HSV 1 but in different locations it is not a big deal. Do not really worry about ob's. If you get them or he gets them that is just life. Since you both have HSV 1 you both have the HSV 1 antibodies in your body so there is no need to worry. If you get an ob you would most likely know it. So stop worrying and get on with life. The ob pattern of HSv 1 genitally is one initial ob and then one more ob the first year. Then on average one more ob every other year. I hope this helps you.
Read more in the Herpes Handbook. Watch the Herpes Video and Terri Warren's book The Good News about the Bad News. All located under the heading Herpes at http://www.westoverheights.com/