Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Useful Links!
Help Our Community Answer Your Questions Better By Including In Your Post: Gender, Have You Been Tested For An STD Yet?
Type Of STD Tests and Results? Any Medications To Control Your STD?

HPV Question
An_248521 posted:
If I have cervical HPV can my boyfriend get/contract genital HPV or genital warts if I DO NOT have the HPV 6 or 11 virus? Basically, If I do not have genital HPV or genital warts, can my boyfriend get them?

betsyo1967 responded:
there are over 30 different types of hpv that cause infections in the genital area. you can have multiple types infecting you at any one time.

if you have a hpv dna test with a pap, does that mean that you don't have external hpv infections that cause obvious genital warts? no it does not. unfortunately we don't have commercially available tests for external hpv infections to know.

have you and your bf had your gardasil shots yet?
Talking about std testing is NORMAL and something we all should be doing EVERY TIME before we have sex with a new partner :)

Helpful Tips

How Can You Get Most Out This Community?
Hello members, Welcome to the STD community! Please feel free to post or join in any discussions on this community. Useful Tools WebMD ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 3 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.