Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Useful Links!
Help Our Community Answer Your Questions Better By Including In Your Post: Gender, Have You Been Tested For An STD Yet?
Type Of STD Tests and Results? Any Medications To Control Your STD?

Is this an STD? Input appreciated
An_248530 posted:
What are these bumps on my scrotum? Is this genital warts or herpes? I went to sleep slightly itchy in my groin area one night about a week ago, then the next morning i woke up with an intense itch on my scrotum and penis. I scratched very rough for about 5 min straight because the scratching felt really good. When i went to shower about 30 mins later, i noticed that i had these bumps on my scrotum and a few on my penis. The ones on my scrotum are more raised than the ones on my penis. The ones on my penis seem more flat and slightly pinkish, and the ones on my scrotum are skin colored and more raised. Ive had ingrown hairs on my shaft before because i shave my penis and scrotum with a razor and shaving cream, but nothing has ever happened like this. They arent really itchy and havnt bled or anything. As far as i can tell, they aren't filling up with stuff that will burst soon. I havnt set an appointment with my doc yet, but i will soon. Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks.

mancha responded:
trying to get pics to work

elle0317 responded:
To be honest they don't look like either herpes of HPV. Make an appt and have this checked out.

mancha replied to elle0317's response:
Thanks for the comforting news. I set an appointment up already. Still curious though

bonello replied to mancha's response:
What ever happened in this case? what was it?

abe648 replied to bonello's response:
If you have a simalar problem then go to the top and post your own post so someone can help you with your own particular problem(s).
Abe ... Read more in the Herpes Handbook. Watch the Herpes Video and Terri Warren's book The Good News about the Bad News. All located under the heading Herpes at http://www.westoverheights.com/

Helpful Tips

How Can You Get Most Out This Community?
Hello members, Welcome to the STD community! Please feel free to post or join in any discussions on this community. Useful Tools WebMD ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 3 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.